google checkout

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
Oh well. I am using paypal, too. But several customers have called saying they can't figure out how to use a credit card without an account. Paypal did get back to me when I asked about it and said that in the next few weeks the Paypal page will change so 1/2 will be credit card without an account and the other an invitation to register or sign in. So, that's a little good news. Thanks!
13 anni tempo fa
I don't recommend paypal if you are serious about e-commerce. Paypal will place a 30% 90 day rolling reserve on your money without notice, and you can't get to your money even if you cancel Paypal. Use Google or Authorize.net instead.
13 anni tempo fa
Didn't know that...they will give it back after the 90 days right? Any fees with authorize.net? Also will the customer be directed to thier website to complete the paymen or will it be done on my site?

Thanks,
13 anni tempo fa
"Didn't know that...they will give it back after the 90 days right?"

Yes, but they trickle it back into your account in the order in which it was recieved for future transactions. So, if you got an order today, you won't recieve 30% of it until 90 days from now (that is if PayPal places the 90 day rolling reserve on your account). They do this randomly, based on new businesses, credit history, etc.. They couldn't tell me why they placed it on mine, so I could correct any issues. Every representative gave me a different answer. I wouldn't risk the chance of using PayPal and having them keep 30% of your transaction. You're better off using anyone but PayPal. Imagine trying to conduct business and PayPal places a 30% reserve on your account. There goes your margin which is used for payroll, advertising/marketing, promotions, etc..

"Any fees with authorize.net? " Yes 2.19% flat rate (cheaper than PayPal). The $99 setup fee for Authorize.Net is worth it, and they are owned by VISA!

"Also will the customer be directed to thier website to complete the payment or will it be done on my site?"
It will be done on your site. The integration is already part of nopCommerce, so no problem setting it up.

You're welcome.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.