Working off the Trunk in SVN?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
Hi, when I download from CodePlex via SVN, I get the "trunk" library.

My question is how stable is the trunk. Do you operate with a "must always build" rule?. Do you operate with a "All sql scripts must always be there first rule?".

I'd like to work off the trunk directly. I've setup my svn like this:

1) Download all stuff to a "CodePlex" svn lib for reading.
2) Export all via svn to a "Personal" folder
3) Commit all stuff in personal to my own SVN folder
4) Create a branch off the "trunk" folder (in my own personal folder)

This is a very good way i think, because it allows me to sync the CodePlex and Personal version via a tool like "FreeFileSync" (recommended btw...).

When I have done all this stuff, I can now always choose to Merge the code from the nopcommerce into my existing branch. Which will keep my stuff and nop commerce stuff current always.

For sum up, my development library looks like this

\NopCommerceDevelopment
\NopCommerceDevelopment\FromCodePlex\<all codeplex> have been checked out here
\NopCommerceDevelopment\LocalDevelopment\<export from my local "codeplex" lib and then add to my own svn server>
\NopCommerceDevelopment\LocalDevelopment\branches\working-trunk\<this is where i created a branch from "\NopCommerceDevelopment\LocalDevelopment\trunk">

Then I use FreeFileSync to sync between the library FromCodePlex and LocalDevelopment via the Batch option here.

I have inserted a filter for "*/.svn/*" to ensure that only relevant files will be sync'ed
I ensure that all stuff will only be copied to LocalDevelopment and not the other way.

I now got a working local copy which I can always merge with the NopTeam :). And I can send my own read-only stuff to NopTeam for contributing.

I use projectlocker for SVN hosting, works good but i'm sure there's lots of good svn hosting out there.

Anyways, this works for me. If anybody have better SVN setup idea, please share :).
13 anni tempo fa
If anybody feels that it's relevant. I would happely supply a pdf instruction so we can get more people involved in developing.
13 anni tempo fa
stoffer wrote:
My question is how stable is the trunk

Source code from 'Trunk' directory is NOT stable. Do not use it in a production environment.

stoffer wrote:
Do you operate with a "must always build" rule?

Yes

stoffer wrote:
Do you operate with a "All sql scripts must always be there first rule?"

Yes (all upgrade scripts are located into 'Documents' directroy
12 anni tempo fa
What is the URL for accessing Source Code using SVN Client like AnkhSVN?
12 anni tempo fa
jariwalakrunal wrote:
What is the URL for accessing Source Code using SVN Client like AnkhSVN?

You need a Mercurial client. Find more info here ('Contributing source code' section)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.