Development & Upgrade strategy 1.9/1.9/2.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
Hello,
- Does a migration from 1.90 to (future) 2.00 will be planned/supported by nopCommerce?
- Does the version 1.90 based on "classic" ASP.NET 4.0 will have any maintenance or security updates if needed?
Thanks.
13 anni tempo fa
zar wrote:
Does a migration from 1.90 to (future) 2.00 will be planned/supported by nopCommerce?

Sure

zar wrote:
Does the version 1.90 based on "classic" ASP.NET 4.0 will have any maintenance or security updates if needed?

No, we don't plan to support "classic" ASP.NET versions
13 anni tempo fa
Thanks for the quick reply!
Is it not detrimental to abandon all support of version 1.90 in the future?
Many people may remain on this version for some time (because of the "MVC gap").
13 anni tempo fa
Have to say I agree with zar on this one. A maintenance release would be beneficial for a lot of users of NP 1.90. I'm not saying you should continue to put new features into the 1.90 version, but fixing bugs would be nice.
13 anni tempo fa
zar wrote:
Is it not detrimental to abandon all support of version 1.90 in the future? Many people may remain on this version for some time (because of the "MVC gap").

Why abandon? If someone wants to get fixes for existing bugs in 1.90, they'll need to upgrade to the latest version. The same could be told about the previous versions:
nopCommerce 1.80 had fixed bugs of nopCommerce 1.70
nopCommerce 1.90 had fixed bugs of nopCommerce 1.80
....nopCommerce 2.00 will fix bugs of nopCommerce 1.90.

"Classic" web forms will become outdated in the near time, and there's no need to support it.
13 anni tempo fa
I agree with Andrei's reasoning.

The only (classical) reason to stay at an older version of a standard software package is tailor made customizations. Thats why you should limit those and develop them as much as possible "outside" or on the edge of the solution.

But I know that can be hard sometimes...

I guess trying to keep well documented admin of your changes or additions helps and just take the effort to re-implement them (if still needed) in the newer version.
12 anni tempo fa
When can we expect to see version 2.0 release?
12 anni tempo fa
powers0509 wrote:
When can we expect to see version 2.0 release?

Look at this topic

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/7991/200-210-eta.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.