Reporting Code Modifications

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 anni tempo fa
After skimming through the Mozilla Public License, it appears that all code modifications including updates to CSS locally would need to be reported.  Is it the intent that the nopCommerce site should be used "as is" in plain vanilla format, with the exception of normal content management via the Administrative interface?  Is experimenting and development really encouraged?  For example implementing WCF services for some of the processes?  I need to know so that I don't put work into this only to learn that the changes are not allowed.  Thanks much.

Please accept my apologies for any "dumb" quesitons, this is the first time I've been actively involved in a community like this, but I very much appreciate the opportunity to interact.
15 anni tempo fa
I am quite interested in the response to this. Nopcommerce is advertised as a community project. I really like the project and hope to contribute significantly myself. As per the question above, how far can my contributions go, and also in contributing, am I inadvertently restricting my contributions under the mozilla public license?

Something that definitely needs clearing up is whether cosmetic/minor changes need to be reported? I imagine many developers like myself will want to completely change the design/layout of the site for prospective clients. Whilst I believe that any major code changes SHOULD be contributed back (hence being a community) is it really necessary to inform you of design changes?

Many thanks. I look forward to checking out the new version.
15 anni tempo fa
1. Any changes are allowed.
2. Changes should not to be reported.
3. Please look at Section 3 of nopCommerce public license
15 anni tempo fa
Great, thanks for the response.

Ben
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.