Digital Products: Storing and Shipping questions?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
Hi,

I have a couple questions to digital products. As documented, currently only .ZIP files are supported for download products. However, there is not much more in the documentation (that I could find) about downloadable products.

Here are my questions:

Where are digital products (zipped files) stored? Is there a special folder that needs to have write access or are those product files stored in the database?

Also, is there a maximum file size for download and if so, what is it?

Obviously, downloadable products need not to be shipped, they are downloaded. Do I have to check "Free Shipping" for those?

How / when does the buyer get a download URL (or download link) for downloading the bought product?

Thanks

gmm
14 anni tempo fa
1. "Where are digital products (zipped files) stored?". They are stored in the database
2. "Is there a maximum file size". No
3. "Do I have to check "Free Shipping" for those?". Yes, you have to check it
4. Download URL can be found on order details page
14 anni tempo fa
Hi

I have couple of questions:

1. How can I store phone card pin # as product?
2. Is there anyway to send an email to customer with the pin #

Thanks in advance!!

fz
14 anni tempo fa
1) You really don't want to store a pin # as a product unless you wish for the whole world to know that pin no.

2) Just create a product ID for the card and eml the customer the pin # after you receive an order.
14 anni tempo fa
Hi ASP5

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if there is a way to automate the process of emailing digital product to customer. In my case it will be pin #.

Regards

fz
14 anni tempo fa
It looks like we are trying to do the samething here, and this post has been there for a few months, DID YOU EVER GET THIS TO WORK? IF SO PLEASE POST YOUR FINDINGS.
13 anni tempo fa
hi. how i can eliminate downloadable products from user page?

thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.