Web services API

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
Hi dose anyone know when the likly release of the web service API is please?
13 anni tempo fa
ralph.johnson wrote:

It is included in 2.00 version which is scheduled for May - June 2011.  Check:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/7991/200-210-eta.aspx   and
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/WorkItem/AdvancedList.aspx
13 anni tempo fa
I looked at the work items and the status of Web services API is Proposed, not Active.

How can we know which items will be included in 2.00? Thanks.
13 anni tempo fa
billh226 wrote:
I looked at the work items and the status of Web services API is Proposed, not Active.

How can we know which items will be included in 2.00? Thanks.

Hi! I'm wondering the same thing. If web services will be included in the 2.0 release in My/June then that's great! We really need web services to allow us to expand our inventory before the big rush this summer. If it won't be included then we need to look into other possibilities.

I'm confused because the only thing scheduled on codeplex for v2.0 is the move to mvc. If web services are included, why isn't it documented?
13 anni tempo fa
It's going to be a totally different framework and ported across to the new version under mvc as understand.
I mean im not sure but I don't think there will be an automatic like upgrade path for code we have ?
(maybe the database data can be transfered and can be converted over to new format)

But anyone with any bits and pieces that they have added will need to be re-integrated with this new base.  

So I can expect that the list of what is to do will change and become smaller becasue at this point the reality is that it all has to be done again. Well at least tested and debug - if not process and business logic changes as well. And so there is only so much time.

When the new system hits the decks I think it may take some time and planning for any one wishing to upgrade their current site. I might be wrong but 1.9 is the end for line for this version and type of ways of dong things. A lot will be new under mvc. not that I have ever use the sucker myself. Just reading between the lines.

So there will be a bit of a beta and test phase involving community - not sure ?
When would be actually ready to run in production (maybe a couple of months test and confirm) ?

Go Andrei cut that code - everyone is waiting !!!!! (Just joking - I have a developed version of 1.7/8 and so I mean I won't be making that 1.9, maybe not ever 2.0 (will depend on complexities) I mean it works now - why change in the short term just for fun. It's a production site and uptime is important - makes the money.

Anyway look forward to see what great things the team will come up with this time
A
13 anni tempo fa
Thanks for your input Yidna! But I guess my main question is one that is rather simple and probably a newbie question, so forgive my ignorance.

Is everything on the roadmap going to be part of the v2.0 release or is it just going to be the upgrade to the MVC platform? From the indications of this thread it sounds like more is included than just the move to MVC. I need to know for sure if that is the case so that I can plan accordingly.

Thanks!
12 anni tempo fa
Please see this: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/9424/roadmap-for-upcoming-20-mvc-version.aspx?p=1
12 anni tempo fa
Sorry, but the web services won't be in 2.0

I'm thinking 2.1
12 anni tempo fa
ralph.johnson wrote:

It seems like no one readily knows this answer.

If you are interested in custom NopCommerce solutions to meet your unique business requirements, please contact me at [url]mailto:[email protected][/url] and I will respond to you within minutes. I look forward to working with you and hope that NopCommerce is everything you hoped an exceptional Internet E-Commerce application would be.

Take care,
Derek Yost
[url]mailto:[email protected][/url]
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.