Upgrade from 1.6

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
Hello All !

Just a quick question. I am upgrading from 1.6 to 1.9.

I can just run the 1.9 version without doing anything else, right?

As I have just do that and all seems to work fine.

However in a previous post, I read that I have to launch manually the sql script to upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 then from 1.7 to 1.8, ... etc. I didn't do that, and so far, all seems to be fine...

Thanks and happy new year to you folks.

Silat
13 anni tempo fa
nopCommerce 1.90 contains all required upgrade scripts for upgrading from 1.60 (\Install\Scripts\ directory). If you're using installation/upgrade wizard, then you don't need to run them manually. nopCommerce will do it for you.
13 anni tempo fa
Hi Andrei

I've installed version 1.6 on godaddy and created a website. I tried to look for the files that I created while doing this, but could not find any files that were recently updated...so I'm probably missing something...maybe there is no easy access. I'd like to install version 1.9, but would not like to lose all the website that I've already created...
Please advise.

Thank you,
Dan
13 anni tempo fa
Unfortunately, Godaddy doesn't support any other version than 1.6. However, they can upgrade your hosting plan to support IIS7 and .Net Framework 4.

If you want to spend the time manually going through this installation, it is difficult - at least I've had several problems with SQL Server timing out while manually running the SQL data scripts, and I alway get a file to large message if I try to install the sample products.

I'm still working on this, and haven't had a complete installation yet. The farthest I've been able to get is the installation of the database and the web site onto a subdomain, but with no data. It will run, but the required write permissions aren't set so I get a lot of GDI + errors for the image folder.

If I'm ever successful with this, I'll post the approach and results.
12 anni tempo fa
Did anyone ever get 1.9 to install on GoDaddy?  Would love to upgrade!  Honestly would love the 3 column layout but don't know that far into CSS to do it ourselves =)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.