Mass Product Varient

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
I am using 1.8 on my live site, but have a 1.9 test site. I have tried to change the file on the 1.8 site but get the below error when I reload the site.

Server Error in '/' Application.
Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'LogManager' does not exist in the current context

Source Error:

Line 46:             if (InstallerHelper.ConnectionStringIsSet())
Line 47:             {
Line 48:                 LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum.Unknown, ex.Message, ex);
Line 49:             }
Line 50:         }

Source File: c:\domains\lmemotorcycles.com\wwwroot\Global.asax    Line: 48

I do actually have the NopCommerceStore.dll, was looking for Nop.CommerceStore.dll...!

I have also tried this on my 1.9 site and after replacing the files and refreshing my site there was no error.  However when I login to the admin panel and open up a product and go to Product Varient Attribute I only see the below options in the drop-down menu. I used the sample date when building this site and I think these are just from the sample data.

Color
Custom Text
HDD
OS
Processor
RAM
Size
Software

What should I be looking for in this list? Or am I looking in the correct area?
13 anni tempo fa
Yeah, replacing the .dll files on a different version won't work.

You should look in the place where you ADD attributes to the PRODUCT. What you're looking at is the attribute list... basically just their names. When you add an attribute to a product (variant) you have to choose the attribute (name) and then choose what control to use for that attribute... "Prefilled Dropdown List" should be there under the dropdown for "Control Type".
13 anni tempo fa
Works Great...!

I might now look at updating to v1.9 to avail of this cool feature on my site.

Many thanks for your help...
13 anni tempo fa
glennlawr wrote:
Works Great...!

Awesome!

I believe this control can work in earlier versions, you would just have to update the source and compile it. I only included files for version 1.90 because that is what I wrote it for.
13 anni tempo fa
bfranklin825 wrote:
Works Great...!

Awesome!

I believe this control can work in earlier versions, you would just have to update the source and compile it. I only included files for version 1.90 because that is what I wrote it for.

If you think that would work that would be great. I actually cannot update my version of nop without losing the ability to use a mod for uploading bulk pictures with products. I am using this mod and have tried to move to 1.9 but then the mod doesn't work so I had to roll back.

Could you possibly give me a quick step by step on what I have to do to update my files with your mod? I am not very familiar with VWD, but I do know how to Build my site in it.

Thanks...
13 anni tempo fa
I'm assuming that mod that you're using doesn't change the files that this control uses, if that is the case then all you have to do is replace these files:

ProductAttributes.ascx.cs - from "Modules" in "NopCommerceStore"
AttributeControlTypeEnum.cs - from "Libraries/Nop.BusinessLogic/Products/Attributes

and add NopPrefilledDropdown.cs to the Libraries/Nop.Controls project and then recompile your code and upload the .dll files that have been modified.

If the mod you're using does use the files that are modified with this new control then you'll have to open up the files and figure out what code to bring over into your files.
13 anni tempo fa
This may sound a little strange because I can't figure it out, but maybe you will understand :o)

The files on my website are the original install files and haven't been modified. The way I use the "bulk upload" mod is:

- I downloaded all my web files and replaced a couple of .dlls as advised in the mod.
- Then with my "ConnectionStrings" pointing to my live database, the one feeding my live website, I launch the local files I have downloaded in VWD.
- When the site loads I login to the admin panel and I am able to do the bulk import with excel and it adds the pictures.
- All the local files I loaded in VWD are updated, i.e. pics go into local "images\thumbs" folder etc. But my live website is also updated with all the same info. I guess it's because I am pointing the ConnectionString to the live database.

The way the author of the mod says to use was to just replace the relevant bin files on my site with his. But when I done that I kept getting errors and my site would not work. So I just put the original ones back and it has worked fine since.

So I am thinking if I just use the original files from my website and launch them up in VWD, after replacing the ones you advised and build the site, then replace the bin files on my site again, hopefully it will work...!

I will give it a go anyway and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again...
13 anni tempo fa
Barry, I really need this mod but when I ever I hit http://www.nopeasy.com/contributions/NopPrefilledDropdown.zip I get a 404 error.

Thanks!
13 anni tempo fa
saintperez wrote:
Barry, I really need this mod but when I ever I hit http://www.nopeasy.com/contributions/NopPrefilledDropdown.zip I get a 404 error.

Thanks!

That's because I just upgraded my site from 1.80 to 1.90 and I replaced all of my files and I forgot to re-upload the control... I'll put it back up today.
13 anni tempo fa
I've now replaced the files that were missing from my upgrade...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.