Require Coupon Code

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
Hi All,

I may not understand this procedure completely, but when adding a discount and selecting the requires coupon code checkbox ( and adding the coupon code), I should then save this and then associate it to a specific product variant SKU. There's no limitation set nor any requirement. The discount is a set value, and the date range is set to span a year.

In doing this, I expect a text box to show up on the check out page where the client can enter the specified coupon code.
However, no text box appears where this could happen.

If the client cannot enter the coupon code, how can they take the discount?

Is there some other configuration setting I'm missing with this?

Thank you for any help!
13 anni tempo fa
Ensure that "Show discount box:" is checked in Administration > Configuration > Global Settings > Other tab. An item also needs to be added to the cart for the discount code box (and other order summary items) to be displayed.

13 anni tempo fa
Thank you for the info!  I don't see this check box in version 1.6, is there perhaps some other setting?
13 anni tempo fa
Version 1.60 didn't have the option to show or hide the discount box (added in 1.80) -it was always displayed when an item was in the cart. The discount box is displayed by the control: Modules\OrderSummary.ascx, see the phCoupon asp panel. Have you modified this file?

13 anni tempo fa
Hi and thank you for the info! No, I haven't modified this control directly, but makes me wonder if I somehow disabled it in the shopping cart. I'll look further and see if it was moved out of view or somehow changed.

Thank you again!
10 anni tempo fa
With version 3.20 I had the same problem.  However, when I went to Configuration -->  Global Settings  there is no Global Settings.  So I went to Settings instead with no luck.  It seems that the discount code is eluding me altogether.

I went to All Settings and found tier prices with discounts equals true, but that did not help me either.

I found site wide: ignore discounts equals false but that did not help me either if it is true or false it does not seem to make a difference.  No discount code is shown.

Could someone help me out on this?
10 anni tempo fa
For 2.x and later, you can find the "Show discount box" setting at Admin > Configuration > Settings > Shopping Cart Settings. This setting is true (checked) when the site is installed so the discount box should be displayed when an item is added to the cart.

In 3.20, the discount box is included in the layout by the view: \Views\ShoppingCart\OrderSummary.cshtml via line 206:
  @Html.Partial("_DiscountBox", Model.DiscountBox)

The view: \Views\ShoppingCart\_DiscountBox.cshtml contains the markup to display the discount box and it
uses the shoppingCartSettings.ShowDiscountBox setting to determine if the discount box should be shown.

10 anni tempo fa
Thank you for the update.  It now works perfectly!
10 anni tempo fa
mb wrote:
For 2.x and later, you can find the "Show discount box" setting at Admin > Configuration > Settings > Shopping Cart Settings. This setting is true (checked) when the site is installed so the discount box should be displayed when an item is added to the cart.

In 3.20, the discount box is included in the layout by the view: \Views\ShoppingCart\OrderSummary.cshtml via line 206:
  @Html.Partial("_DiscountBox", Model.DiscountBox)

The view: \Views\ShoppingCart\_DiscountBox.cshtml contains the markup to display the discount box and it
uses the shoppingCartSettings.ShowDiscountBox setting to determine if the discount box should be shown.

Is there a way to have the discount box show up in the checkout as well?

Although it seems fairly simple to figure out, customers are going directly to checkout and skipping viewing their cart, thus having issues using the coupon code.
10 anni tempo fa
DJ_Balogh wrote:

Is there a way to have the discount box show up in the checkout as well?

Although it seems fairly simple to figure out, customers are going directly to checkout and skipping viewing their cart, thus having issues using the coupon code.

Not out of the box. I think, that if you are having this problem frequently, it is better to have some customization for when you have discount codes available display very visible texts or banners asking for the code or even to have a check box or alikes for indicating that the customer has no codes.
Check this https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/28886/suggestion-apply-discount-code-in-admin.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.