Wishlist by CustomerID - not good idea

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 anni tempo fa
You allow users to access wishlist like that:
http://localhost:51385/sitename/Wishlist.aspx?CustomerID=38
No good idea because i can access any Wishlist in you database just by changing CutomerId in URL
So i can check how many customers you have or write simple page that will download all your customers info (names & e-mails) :(
15 anni tempo fa
Yes, you are right. We should replace CustomerID with CustomerGUID
15 anni tempo fa
and here is my next question. i downloaded latest ver. and there are some problems with it (like the one with wislist) Is there a place where you list all this small things and post files to change or fixes ? - so people will be able to make fixes before next release. Or i have to wait for next release/try to fix it myself ?
15 anni tempo fa
We plan to create bug tracking application. But now they have to wait for next release.
15 anni tempo fa
Here's source code for wishlist page that uses CustomerGuid instead of CustomerID:

public partial class WishlistPage : BaseNopPage
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {

Response.CacheControl = "private";
            Response.Expires = 0;
            Response.AddHeader("pragma", "no-cache");

if (!SettingManager.GetSettingValueBoolean("Common.EnableWishlist"))
                Response.Redirect("~/Default.aspx");

if (!Page.IsPostBack)
            {
                CommonHelper.EnsureNonSSL();

Customer customer = CustomerManager.GetByCustomerGUID(this.CustomerGUID.HasValue ? this.CustomerGUID.Value : Guid.Empty);
                if (customer != null)
                {
                    lblTitle.Text = string.Format(GetLocaleResourceString("Wishlist.WishlistOf"), Server.HtmlEncode(customer.FullName), Server.HtmlEncode(customer.Email));
                    CustomerSession customerSession = CustomerSessionManager.GetByCustomerID(customer.CustomerID);
                    if (customerSession != null)
                        ctrlWishlist.CustomerSessionGuid = customerSession.CustomerSessionGUID;
                    ctrlWishlist.IsEditable = false;
                    ctrlWishlist.BindData();
                }
                else
                {
                    lblTitle.Text = GetLocaleResourceString("Wishlist.YourWishlist");
                    if (NopContext.Current.Session != null)
                        ctrlWishlist.CustomerSessionGuid = NopContext.Current.Session.CustomerSessionGUID;
                    ctrlWishlist.IsEditable = true;
                    ctrlWishlist.BindData();

if (NopContext.Current.User != null)
                    {
                        lblYourWishlistURL.Visible = true;
                        lblYourWishlistURL.Text = string.Format(GetLocaleResourceString("Wishlist.YourWishlistURL"), CommonHelper.GetStoreLocation(false) + "Wishlist.aspx?CustomerGUID=" + NopContext.Current.User.CustomerGUID.ToString());
                    }
                }
            }
        }

public Guid? CustomerGUID
        {
            get
            {
                return CommonHelper.QueryStringGUID("CustomerGUID");
            }
        }
    }
15 anni tempo fa
yes, this works well. thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.