Move leaving Customer's order list into a new Customer account

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 anno tempo fa
I am using NOP V3.9 and want to create an interface to move leaving Customer's order list into a new Customer account

what would be best way to do that please , any advise would be great using /admin section

Much appreciated and thanks in advanced

Cheers
1 anno tempo fa
Do you mean you want to be able to create an order on behalf of a customer ?
Or do you want to take an existing order and reassign it to a new customer

For the first option there is a Admin function called Impersonate where essentially you login as he customer and can do whatever a customer can do
1 anno tempo fa
Hi Yidna, many thanks for your quick response

I want  to take an existing order list and reassign it to a new customer please ,

What would be best way to do this

Many thanks again
1 anno tempo fa
Hi prabirchoudhury,

There are two approach come to my mind.
1. Update customer id in table of order and shipping module.
2. Create dummy order from coding with new customer same as old order.

2nd approach is crucial to place order from coding. I suggest you to follow 1st approach.

@Yidna Do you have any other approach to solve this kind of thing.

Thanks,
Smiten (nopCommerce Consultant)
1 anno tempo fa
Hi smi10

Many thanks for your response , much appreciated, I am currently updating customer Id of the list of order to the new Customer ID from the Order Table in DB,
I want to create a view under / Admin / Order and update the Customer id from there

Thanks Again
1 anno tempo fa
That’s the way to do it.
So you could either modify the existing Order List view
or copy that view and modify the search criteria and add the associated function to resign the customer Id on the order
1 anno tempo fa
Many thanks for your response Yidna
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.