IS there any Admin Setting to restrict how many products show in a category

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 anno tempo fa
I have a small server not much specs that is going to host the store and when going to categories with 30k products it some time crashes. Is there a setting or way to restrict to only show 1000 items per category or 2000 etc. Just like ebay / amazon show max 10k per category / search.

nopcommerce 4.50 and Mysql

If the crash is not dependent on the specs please let me know that aswell.
1 anno tempo fa
In All Settings page, search for
catalogsettings.defaultcategorypagesize

Make sure it's not 0
1 anno tempo fa
I think you are pointing to the correct direction because I can see Cat with even 44k product open but there page size on the top(dropdown) which is usually 9 and I can choose (9,15,25) is missing for there and even going to page 2 and it crashes. But in database I have update all cats to have pagesize=15 so why wont it work?

Also just realized some thing might have broken cause no Main cateogry is showing pagesize for some reason that is why it breaks when I go to page 2  or others.   But all subcategories show the page  size dropdown on top and paging works fine in them any idea where to look?  I did check the above defaultpagesize it was set to 6 so should not have been that.
1 anno tempo fa
Also just realized its not on all  sometime I can come from homepage to category page and it works fine. And page size shows and paging works. Other it type when mostly when I move from one category root to another it does not show page size dropdown and hence breaks when I go to any other page in that category.
1 anno tempo fa
ehsankayani wrote:
...another it does not show page size dropdown...

That might be dependent on category setting (check box):
Allow customers to select page size
1 anno tempo fa
You are rite was just a coincidence that those did not work.

But a few questions :

1- I have turned of ajax loading from the admin panel so why do I still see site loading items using ajax instead of navigation to the page when I move between pages.

2-Why page loads are so slow its taking like 10-15 or maybe 30 sec to move between pages and for big categories (20-40k products) I click and waiting for a minute or more but it never navigates to the page however I do see ajax spinner moving but why its is so slow as I believed pages are loaded independently so why does the size matter.

3- In database all category page size =15 why do category still open with pagesize=9 as default.
1 anno tempo fa
4- The main question still stands is there any setting that I can restrict the number of products per category to show like 1000 so there is not loading issue cause no one will go past 1000 items at once.
1 anno tempo fa
No, there is no such setting, but if you only see N per page, then the 'paging' for the query should be appending the SELECT with LIMIT m,n  (I think that's what MySql uses).    Can you do some 'profiling' on the DB to see what queries are taking so long?
1 anno tempo fa
What about :

1- I have turned of ajax loading from the admin panel so why do I still see site loading items using ajax instead of navigation to the page when I move between pages.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.