How do we stop International Shipping showing as default?

1 anno tempo fa
It seems like you have the right configuration.  Have you done any customization that might affect shipping?
1 anno tempo fa
Not personally Dennis but other users might have. I'll ask and see if anyone changed anything recently.
1 anno tempo fa
There has been no specific customisation to the checkout. There are plugins such as 7Spikes One Page Checkout and Klarna Checkout but nothing in those should be causing this.
In the 7Spikes plugin the default billing and shipping country is United Kingdom. It also has “Preselect Last Customer Shipping Address” but again this would only impact with a known user whereas International Shipping is appearing as default even with an in-private session.
1 anno tempo fa
I might have found the cuplrit. There is a setting in the 7Spikes plugin that says "Show estimate shipping", I unchecked this and now I am seeing:

SUB-TOTAL:  £229.99
SHIPPING:  CALCULATED DURING CHECKOUT
TAX:  £0.00
TOTAL:  CALCULATED DURING CHECKOUT

Just need to check with different scenarios now to ensure this is the fix.
1 anno tempo fa
This problem is still unresolved. Try visiting https://www.westcoastharleyshop.co.uk/ pop something into your basket and go to checkout and you will see what I mean.
1 anno tempo fa
It would seem that the 3rd party plugin could be the issue. Although a OPC should not affect the cart, you might try turning it off.
1 anno tempo fa
I agree that the plugin looks like the culprit but the client wants this suite of plugins left in place. What is bizarre is that the results are inconsistent. Some see International Shipping at £14.99 whilst other see it is to be calculated at checkout.
1 anno tempo fa
I was just suggesting that you turn it off temporarily, or in a test system, to prove that it is the plugin.    Then you could open a support ticket with the plugin vendor.
1 anno tempo fa
OK, noted, I'll give that a try, thanks.
10 mesi tempo fa
I thought this problem was resolved but is seems not. It is the strangest thing because no settings appear to have changed yet the values presented have. Last time I successfully got the cart to return:

Shipping:  Calculated during checkout

However, on checking another matter today I was presented with:

SHIPPING: (INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING)  £14.99

Can anyone tell me what might be causing this?