Order email

1 mese tempo fa
Hi

Is it possible to specify when an order email is sent or not sent? I don't want to send out an email when orders are pending. For example, cancelling on the payment gateway keeps the order in pending but still sends out an email that says, thanks for your order. Customer's are going to sh*t their pants thinking they've been charged when they've cancelled the payment.

Some sort of workflow would be a great addition if it doesn't already exist.

Thanks.
1 mese tempo fa
You can set the OrderPlaced.CustomerNotification Message Template to Inactive then the email will not be sent
1 mese tempo fa
But is there a difference in placed as in paid or cancelled? I still want to send an email but only when the customer successfully completes (pays) for their order.

1 mese tempo fa
Ok, yeah I think that will work, I'll use the Order processing email as the confirmation.
1 mese tempo fa
Yes, I think the OrderProcessing notification would be best for you...

Here's a rough draft of the order workflow / status.  Although it does not directly correspond to notifications (e.g., "Paid" is a Payment Status, not an Order Status.)
(Order Placed)
      |
      V
[Pending]--(Payment Confirmed)-->[Processing]--(Shipped)-->[Complete]
      |
      +--(Cancellation)--> [Cancelled]

(It would be nice to have a complete diagram in the docs ;)
1 mese tempo fa
Yes, and as I mentioned a simple workflow or allow email notifications to be tied to events or status, e.g when an order status changes to X then email notification Y is sent.