Cancelling order in gateway leaves order as pending

1 mese tempo fa
Hi

When a user cancels an order in the payment gateway in leaves the order status as pending. As I feared the client really doesn't like that and is causing confusion to the client and their customer's. They've cancelled the order, they expect it to be cancelled and not pending.

Is there some setting or someway to ensure cancelled orders are in fact cancelled? Also, if I actually cancel the order in the admin the order still says its payment status is pending. Very confusing.

Thanks.
1 mese tempo fa
seanrock wrote:
When a user cancels an order in the payment gateway in leaves the order status as pending

I assume version 4.6 of nopCommerce ?
This is a function of the payment method - The payment method may need customisation
What payment method are you using ?

seanrock wrote:
Is there some setting or someway to ensure cancelled orders are in fact cancelled? Also, if I actually cancel the order in the admin the order still says its payment status is pending. Very confusing.

Again this maybe a function of the way the payment method is working ?
1 mese tempo fa
yes 4.6

What payment method are you using ?

sagepay/opayo

Again this maybe a function of the way the payment method is working ?

Yes there is an option to cancel order on void payment so that might be what i'm looking for.

Thanks.
1 mese tempo fa
You could contact the plugin developer to make changes to the plugin
or maybe add a scheduled task that check orders for pending / void payment payment and cancels the order and notifies the customer
1 mese tempo fa

I've changed the setting mentioned , cancel order on void payment, but it made no difference.

I've submitted a support ticket to the developer, awaiting a response.

Yeah might have to go that route.

Thanks!
1 mese tempo fa
Clarify "They've cancelled the order"...

A related issue has been discussed in the past.  I believe that for "redirection payment methods", that when an order is "placed" the order status goes to Pending and the customer is redirected to the payment provider site.  But if the customer just leaves the site, then the order remains Pending.

The way that redirection payments work is that the plugin has a webhook.  When a payment event occurs (like a successful payment or a refund), the payment gateway sends a HTTP POST payload to the webhook’s configured URL.  That's when the payment plugin would update the payment status  to Paid.

So if the customer just leaves, then the status remains Pending.  If the payment provider page does have a "cancel" on it, but the payment plugin does not support it (webhook), then the status will remain Pending.
1 mese tempo fa

Cancel as in the customer clicks the 'cancel' button on the payment gateway page, most gateways provide this. For example opayo which is the gateway in question, if a customer clicks 'cancel' opayo sends an ABORT response however the issue is the plugin I'm using does not update the payment status, rather just leaves it as pending.

Nop does not provide a means for a customer to cancel an order as far as I can see. So now, the customer has a pending order in their order list and can do nothing about it.

This post was an attempt to figure out where the problem lies, is it nop or the plugin. I have had an email exchange with the plugin developer and concluded the problem lies with the plugin for not updating the status.