Migration from Bootstrap to nopCommerce while maintaining SEO

1 settimana tempo fa
Hello everyone,

I am considering migrating my current website, which is built with Bootstrap, to the latest version of nopCommerce. My website, https://www.worldmujer.com/, is currently operational and I would like to ensure that the migration does not cause problems with search engine positioning.

I have read that nopCommerce has built-in SEO tools. I wonder if there is any tool or feature that allows me to maintain the same URLs, titles, meta tags, and content during the migration. According to nopCommerce documentation, it seems that SEO settings can be individually configured, including meta keywords, meta description, meta title, and search engine friendly page names. However, I would like to know if there is any way to do this efficiently for an existing website with many pages.

In addition, I would like to know if there is any way to change URLs in nopCommerce. I understand that this can be done by visiting the SEO tab in advanced mode, but I would like to confirm if this would allow me to maintain the same URLs that I currently have on my Bootstrap website.

I would appreciate any information or advice you can provide to help me in this migration process. I am especially interested in any feature or tool that can facilitate the transition and minimize any negative impact on SEO.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
1 settimana tempo fa
Hi,
Looking at your existing website, the URL structure is hierarchical i.e. category has /productos.php?id_categoria={categoryId} parameter and product has the /producto/{productslug}. This type of URL architecture is not out of the box supported by NopC so you may need some customization to replicate the exact URL. Or you could create a new URL in NopCommerce architecture and set up the permanent redirection (301). For example, you have product XYZ with the URL www.oldsite.com/producto/xyz on the existing site. You can create a new URL with NopC as www.newsite.com/xyz for the same product and set 301 redirections so that when the customer accesses the old URL in the new site it still takes the user to this same page. i.e www.newsite.com/producto/xyz is redirected to www.newsite.com/xyz

Regarding the content migration from the old shop to the NopCommerce store, you can either use the import functionality that is available on the product, category, and manufacturer page (You need to format the data in Excel so that NopC imports accepts the Excel) or you could directly import the data to the database using the SQL script (This will require in-depth knowledge of NopC and their tables).
1 settimana tempo fa
Thank you for the detailed response. I’m glad to hear that nopCommerce can handle 301 redirects, which will be useful for maintaining SEO during the migration. I have some additional questions:

Could you provide more details on how to set up 301 redirects in nopCommerce? Is there any tool or plugin that facilitates this process? Regarding content migration, you mentioned the import functionality available on the product, category, and manufacturer pages. Could you provide more details on how to format the data in Excel so that nopCommerce can accept it? Is there any template or guide available that I can follow? You also mentioned the possibility of importing data directly into the database using an SQL script. Could you provide more details about this process? Is there any documentation or resource that I can consult for more information? In addition, I am considering hiring a professional or a company to assist with the migration. Could you recommend someone or a company that has experience in nopCommerce migrations?

I appreciate any additional information you can provide. Thank you!
1 settimana tempo fa
There are plugins available on the marketplace that can handle the 301 redirections https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/extensions?searchterm=301. Or in case of windows server you could set up URL rewrite from the IIS using a custom config file and refer to the config file from web.config.

Regarding the import, you can go to the product or category listing page in the admin panel. For example, https://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/Product/List is the product listing page at the admin. There is a button "Export" at the top right, you can export the products in Excel, and it will give you the Excel format. You have to use the same format and fill in the data and then you can import the products in bulk using the import feature.
Regarding the migration with SQL script, I don't think there is any documentation available for it. You will have to create a custom procedure, and script to insert the required data. This is a little tricky and needs lots of expertise as the data are distributed and linked between several tables. For example, a product's data is saved in Product, Product_Category_Mapping, Product_Manufacturer_Mapping, Picture, Product_Picture_Mapping, UrlRecord, and several other tables.

There are NopCommerce solution partners who can help you with the migration and the development. You can find all the solution partners at https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/solution-partners Or If you wish, you can reach out to me at [email protected]
1 settimana tempo fa
Thank you!