Multi-vendor roadmap. Let's discuss (UPDATE: done)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 年 前
a question :

since payments are all centralized into the store owner account, will there be a way to track and manage amounts to be paid to vendors for completed orders ?

thanks.
11 年 前
New York wrote:
... Configurable payment options and charges per vendor: For payments each vendor should be affiliated with each of the payment providers  of the store and the corresponding information should be included in a table (all managed by store owner)...

That would mean that each vendor would have to provide their API Keys/Passwords/etc. to the store owner.  It might be better to have vendors set it up themselves (and have it encrypted in the database).

although the idea is quiet appealing, but i think vendors join a multi-vendor platform to have access to common features including payment interfaces. i'd believe that if they wanted their own payment accounts, they'd setup their own independent store ...

from another prospective, store owners should be able to hold payment until vendors deliver the right product to customers , a kind of escrow account similar to what eBay does with paypal or Alibaba with their Escrow payment services.

thanks.
11 年 前
sch09 wrote:

although the idea is quiet appealing, but i think vendors join a multi-vendor platform to have access to common features including payment interfaces. i'd believe that if they wanted their own payment accounts, they'd setup their own independent store ...

from another prospective, store owners should be able to hold payment until vendors deliver the right product to customers , a kind of escrow account similar to what eBay does with paypal or Alibaba with their Escrow payment services.

thanks.

I agree.
11 年 前
Tim2376 wrote:
Do you have a demo set up for us to explore?  Or do we just have to install it to try it out?

Right. Install it locally
11 年 前
eadameg wrote:
Now we have the model of a Consolidated Order (products from all vendors in one order). Make it configurable to have the Separate Orders model (one order per vendor), which would require the following...

I'm not sure that it'll ever be supported out of the box. But please vote here
11 年 前
sch09 wrote:
my suggestions :
1 - vendor localization and seo settings (it might be on your list already)
2 - vendor address and logo settings
3 - display "Sold by %Vendor% on products details page and product list.
4 - display and filter products by vendor.
5 - display a list of vendors
6 - vendors rating (very important with the new split orders feature) : customers should  rate vendors for their service.
7 - vendors should choose which shipping they use.
8 - Should vendors be able to reply to customers notes and comments ?

Also don't think that it'll be available out of the box in the near time. But please vote here
11 年 前
sch09 wrote:
since payments are all centralized into the store owner account, will there be a way to track and manage amounts to be paid to vendors for completed orders ?

Please vote for vendor payouts recording here
11 年 前
just installed the beta and at first quick look everything seems to work ok :)
I can create vendor and assign customer with role vendor as vendor manager
i can login to the admin area as vendor user and see the vendor dashboard, catalog and sales menu only.

is there a reason the relationship between Vendor and User is set in Customer.VendorId?
So a vendor can have multiple vendor manager users?
What about the other way around? Should it be usefull to allow a customer to be manager of multiple Vendors?
(i'm not saying it's wrong, just discussing it ;-)

PS: There is no foreign key constraint on Customer.VendorId? This also applies to Customer.AffiliateId, so maybe it is by design?
11 年 前
rudgr wrote:
is there a reason the relationship between Vendor and User is set in Customer.VendorId?
So a vendor can have multiple vendor manager users?
What about the other way around? Should it be usefull to allow a customer to be manager of multiple Vendors?
(i'm not saying it's wrong, just discussing it ;-)

Right. A vendor can have multiple managers (customer accounts) associated. Your suggestion will make source code much more complex. It's always better to keep it as simple as possible.

rudgr wrote:
There is no foreign key constraint on Customer.VendorId? This also applies to Customer.AffiliateId, so maybe it is by design?

Right. It's by design.
11 年 前
OK, thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.