Discounts not working

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 yıl önce
I'm stumped.

I went to Promotions > Discounts and created a discount with the following rules:

1. Discount type:  Assigned to categories
2. Assigned to categories:   (there are 10 categories listed here for all the categories I associated with)
3. Discount amount:  0.40
4. Start date:  (blank)
5. End date:  (blank)
6. Requires coupon code:  (unchecked)
7. Discount limitation:  Unlimited

I verified that the items I'm placing in my cart are tied to one of the 10 categories listed in step #2 above.  And yet the discount is never getting applied.    I verified that we haven't accidentally set the global discount override checkbox in Configuration called, "Ignore Discounts (sitewide)."

What am I missing here?  Shouldn't this apply a 40 cent discount to any product falling under one of the above 10 categories?  We're using version 2.8.   It also doesn't appear to work on the live demo site, which I know is using 3.x

Thanks.
10 yıl önce
That's weird.   I set up a category discount on the demo site also and, as you said, it didn't seem to work.   I've never tried to set one up like that before so I too may be missing something.

Just a stab in the dark, but have you tried other discount options, like "Assigned to order subtotal?"  

Another thought:  do you have any plugins that may conflict with the discounts?
10 yıl önce
Thanks for the reply.   I tried the "assigned to subtotal" version and specified a product, and that seems to work.   But we need to assign the discount to products spanning specific categories and the discount needs to be reflected for each product in the shopping cart.   In my example, the customer should see a 40 cent discount on every product in the cart for relevant categories.   But the discount is never applied.

I'm at a loss.   As far as I can tell, the "assigned to category" option isn't functioning.
10 yıl önce
Here's what's happening:

1. If you create a discount, the discount is applied IF AND ONLY IF there are no other conflicting discounts (i.e. a product-specific discount will override a category discount...they won't BOTH be applied).

2. Unlike cart-level discounts applied to the total, there is no overt message in the individual products cluing you in when a discount has been applied, beyond the generic, "You Save X"    It will just apply the discount and the customer won't know why.  It would be a better user experience if the discount name or a description of the discount were displayed.

The discount is not applied and conveyed in a way that's particularly helpful to the end user.
10 yıl önce
RE: " doesn't appear to work on the live demo site"
Public store demo and admin area demo are two distinct sites.

RE: "The discount is not applied and conveyed in a way that's particularly helpful to the end user."
You can create a issue/request in codeplex
10 yıl önce
mtcg wrote:
Thanks for the reply.   I tried the "assigned to subtotal" version and specified a product, and that seems to work.   But we need to assign the discount to products spanning specific categories and the discount needs to be reflected for each product in the shopping cart.   In my example, the customer should see a 40 cent discount on every product in the cart for relevant categories.   But the discount is never applied.

I'm at a loss.   As far as I can tell, the "assigned to category" option isn't functioning.

I'm having this exact issue.

As the dynamic price update calculates incorrectly when there is a discount applied to a variant, I decided to see if category discounts work better for my needs.
However, I cannot for the life of me get it to work, settings below:

Name: Test Discount
Discount Type: Assigned to categories
Assigned to categories: Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheet
Use Percentage: True
Discount percentage: 90.0000
Start date:
End date:
Requires Coupon code: False
Discount Limitation: Unlimited

I also have no requirements set under the Requirements tab.

When I view one of the products under the Multiwall Polycarbonate tab, no discount is applied, not even when it is added to the cart.
I have even gone as far as deleting my Product based discounts in case there is a conflict, I have refreshed the cache and restarted the application, all to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?
9 yıl önce
Discount works wrong.

Discount have to be affected only to product(s) not on products+shipping total lol.

Can somebody help to fix it?
9 yıl önce
When I set the discount it automaticly is applied to all stores. When i go to All settings, and find the discount I have added, I must change it to apply for the store I am using (even if I only has one store). hen the discount works!

Kenneth
9 yıl önce
CarpeDiem wrote:
Discount works wrong.

Discount have to be affected only to product(s) not on products+shipping total lol.

Can somebody help to fix it?

+1
No way to only apply discount to products.
Now I'm losing a bit of money, because shipping is discounted as well...
8 yıl önce
I am trying to set up a 40% discount on all products on my Nop site - but the "Select the Use percentage" check box is not there. The only option I have is to select a "set value" is discounted - which will not do. I am using Version 3.60 - any help would be appreciated!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.