Can't run Installation Wizard

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Ok guys,

It was very frustrating to read all the solutions to the problems mentioned here, because I now realize how stupid I really am :o(

All seem to have different problems with installation or after it, and I can't even run Installation Wizard!!
I watched the video, read and follow all related topics, but I am still getting the same error message "500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

And this is with disabled 'customerror' thing. (And I made a directory an application, too)

Could anyone help me at least to start this Wizard?

Or, and btw, I have GoDaddy as a host.

Thanks,
-Irene
14 年 前
Well, self-humiliating definitely helps in a small way...

I  play a bit with web.config, and though detailed errors feature still doesn't work, at least this somehow helped me to run Wizard.  I worked my way through the whole installation  - successfully, except one tiny "but": now I can't run the application. It gives me "Server Error in '/name of my folder' Application"... without detailed explanation...again..

So, I am now working on detailed error message. If it works, I will at least have something to come here again with :o)
14 年 前
Hooray!! I did it!!

I got the error message (I will put it at the bottom of this post, for the reference). Couldn't say that I understood it, but it gives me idea what to look at in this forum.

It seems that the major problem was permission to write for the directories of my shop. So I just changed the permission  on read and write for the whole shop directory, including all sub-directories.
This seemed to eliminate my second problem and I was able to get the home page and access to the application.

Of course, there will be further mistakes and problems, but at least this one is resolved!

Hope this will help someone.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that in order to get a detailed error message you need to put customerrors="Off" in web.config with capital 'O' in 'Off". I didn't get it worked until I made this letter capital. Thanks to another user whose post I read - don't remember who this was.
14 年 前
what was the first thing you did to get the install wizard to run?
14 年 前
Honestly, I am not sure what finally helped, and what the problem was in the beginning, but I will show you what I remove from web.config and what I put there.

I remove the whole section:

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="ErrorPage.htm">
      <error statusCode="403" redirect="BannedAddress.htm"/>
      <error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm"/>
    </customErrors>

And put this one instead:

<customErrors mode ="Off" defaultRedirect="ErrorPage.htm" />

As a minimum, this should help to get a detailed error message. Why this helped to run the Wizard? - search me!!

(btw, I am not sure I did exactly this the first time when my Wizard started, because I didn't get the full error messages that time, but I guess I removed something which helped)

Let me know if this works or not

-Irina
14 年 前
Please  HELP

I have just downloaded nopcommerce and uploaded files to my remote server hosting accout and got the database ready.  i then try to go to  mysite.com/install/install.aspx to try to run the installation wizard and then all i get is a page of code and no installation wizard.   Is this something I can fix or is there something wrong with the code or something obvious that i am not seeing?
14 年 前
First of all, "don't panic! don't panic! there is perfectly rational explanation for all this..." (c) :o)

Did I understood you right, and you uploaded everything into the root directory of your site? If it is so, I am not sure this will work, because I believe you need to make an application of the directory you are running the Wizard and all from. And I am not sure that you can make your root directory an application. In this case I would move everything to subdirectory and try again.

If I misunderstood you, the application question still stands - did you make your store directory an application?

Also, it would be nice if you can paste here your detailed error message.
14 年 前
I am having the same problem nathanielbrant is having. I too did what was instructed in the installation screencast at the 2:50min mark. (That is the last screencast under category “Support” titled “noprCommerce installation” presented by Ben Foster. He says that in most cases you will be installing all nopcommerce files to the root directory, especially in a hosted environment. Although he did put his into a folder tilted "Shop"

Maybe, in some environments or hosting situations what Ilvovsky says may be right. Is there someone from the nopcommerce design team that can confirm or clarify this?

I think though, the installation files are already in a subdirectory my path looks something like this www.mydomain.com /NopCommerceStore/Install/install.aspx. With that I get this:
14 年 前
Looking on my server I decided to add to the path as per structured. (Duh)

www.mydomain.com/nopcommercestore/install/install.aspx

With this result:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /web/content/nopcommercestore/install/install.aspx

Any help is much appreciated.
14 年 前
I may be wrong about root directory as an application, and I said that I am not sure about it. Anyway, the question about making an application of the directory you run Wizard from still stands.

To zmtnman: as per your last error message, I think it shows that there is something wrong with the address you entered. Either you spelled it incorrectly, or you didn't move (all) the files to this directory, etc.
(By the way, I don't think you need to put everything so far from the root, e.g www.mydomain.com/nopcommerce/ will do even if my suggestion about root directory is correct.)

Please let me know if you don't want to hear my suggestions. It's just that you put your post into the thread I initiated, so I fill obligated to reply with what I can. I by no means a team member, or professional developer, so please take my suggestions at their face value - just suggestions of your fellow user.
I did it because when I had problems with my installation, I would try any suggestion or advise that can help me running it.

-Irina
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.