Can't run Installation Wizard

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
The error I get :
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 85:       </assemblies>
Line 86:     </compilation>
Line 87:     <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 88:       <forms name="NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH" loginUrl="~/Login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="43200" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
Line 89:     </authentication>
14 年 前
to LouisGi:

Can you find anything that mentions IIS in your hosting manager? If you can, that's probably the place you need to look.
I guess you already tried to find  such a place, but I had to make sure anyway.
If you cannot figure it out and no one in this forum has experience with you host, you need to call your hosting support - that's basically the question they have to be able to answer.

-Irina
14 年 前
To Irina:
Indeed I tried to work it out but I didn't have any luck. I also communicated to my hosting company but there are a bit of slow when it comes to answers...
I'm pretty sure it's easy but I can't wait to see the website on!!!

Thanks for your response!
14 年 前
Up and working ;-)
See you soon in "Show off" section of the forum ;-)
14 年 前
Good!! Glad it worked out!

I hope to be at 'Show off', but after installation there were so many small troubles/problems that I am not sure when I finally can say that this is over :o) It's running though, but somewhat crippled, with temporary patches here and there..
Well, I am not a developer, so almost everything I do, I do by sheer intuition :o)

Good luck with your configuration!

-Irina
14 年 前
Well actually I'm a developer and I don't think there are any serious issues when you done the web deployement but as we say "perfect is good worst enemy" There are always things to improve. What I see is missing here is reports. I mean wouldn't it be great to have some reports? Actually as soon as I wiil finish my store I'll create my own and share them with the rest of people here!
14 年 前
LouisGi,
I'm having the same problem as you trying to run the wizard. Could you share the solution with us please? I'm also using Parallel Plesk 9.2 with M6.net
This is the error I'm getting after following the above suggestions from Irina.
Thanks a lot guys for all your help.

----------------------------------
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 82:       </assemblies>
Line 83:     </compilation>
Line 84:     <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 85:       <forms name="NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH" loginUrl="~/Login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="43200" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
Line 86:     </authentication>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\vhosts\mydomain.com\httpdocs\storetest\web.config    Line: 84
----------------------------------
14 年 前
Well, I got past all the stuff you mentioned, and modified the config file. Now I'm getting this error:

Source Error:

Line 88:       </expressionBuilders>
Line 89:     </compilation>
Line 90:     <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 91:       <forms name="NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH" loginUrl="~/Login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="43200" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
Line 92:     </authentication>

Can anyone help me out?
14 年 前
I hope LouisGi will see two last questions and be able to answer them.

To westcoastflipp: If your host and server is the same as LouisGi, than you probably need to call your host and ask how to create an application from directory. Or wait for LouisGi answer if he is still watching this topic.
If it's GoDaddy, for example, I can help to do this.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.