Urgent !!! Regarding fake customers registration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 年 前
New York wrote:
I've had to enable Captcha on some of my client's sites:

Admin > Configuration > Settings > General ... > Security tab  >> CAPTCHA enabled:

I have recapcha enabled and I am still getting fake registrations.

Regarding the forum, I had to simply turn it off. What use is a forum is 99% of the post are bogus fake meaningless post with many links to other sites in them? Nothing to do with the topics.

It seems to be a full time job deleting fake registrations! My Goodness!
11 年 前
I have solved Fake Customer's registration problem...
I had used Honeypot technique.
You can use it to prevent bots registrations.
11 年 前
krutal wrote:
I have solved Fake Customer's registration problem...
I had used Honeypot technique.
You can use it to prevent bots registrations.

I think that is something you do in the database right? I dont have access to that and if I did, I would be afraid to mess something up.

I seen this post in this thread. I have no idea what that stuff means or is.

Add a string property to your login model and a hidden input field in your view.

Then in your controller validate it with something like this:

if(!String.IsNullOrEmpty(model.Honeypot)
{
   ModelState.AddModelError("HoneyPot", "You are a robot spammer.  Get Lost.");
   return View(model);
}
11 年 前
I enabled email validation and have recapcha. That seems to have worked for the fake robot customer being able to register problem. I am tempted to see if the fake post quit if I re-enable my forum?
11 年 前
Jackluv wrote:
I enabled email validation and have recapcha. That seems to have worked for the fake robot customer being able to register problem. I am tempted to see if the fake post quit if I re-enable my forum?

I enabled my forum. Within minutes, I started receiving registered ROBOT customers! GRRR!

I turned it back off.

*I have recapcha.
*I have email validation enabled.

It is really odd how so many people use those robots to post bogus post on forums. My goodness! What a hassle for website owners that is!
11 年 前
the honeypot is applied somewhere in the development-code of nopCommerce
11 年 前
Jackluv wrote:
Add a string property to your login model and a hidden input field in your view.

{
   return View(model);
}

Yes Jackluv you are right.. Honey pot technique is generally used for the registration part of the site. In your case your problem is in Forum part, so you can remove all the fake customers and then turn on the forum.

Then apply honey pot technique so no bots will be registered as customer. I think this way you can solve your problem.
11 年 前
krutal wrote:

{
   return View(model);
}

Yes Jackluv you are right.. Honey pot technique is generally used for the registration part of the site. In your case your problem is in Forum part, so you can remove all the fake customers and then turn on the forum.

Then apply honey pot technique so no bots will be registered as customer. I think this way you can solve your problem.

Where is my controller?
11 年 前
@Jackluv

How familiar are you with the source code version of Nop?  Which version have you installed?

If you have had experience using the source code version then the answer to your question is trivial.  If not then it's a bit longer.

Let me know.

t

p.s. I posted how this is done on the previous page.
11 年 前
joebloe wrote:
@Jackluv

How familiar are you with the source code version of Nop?  Which version have you installed?

If you have had experience using the source code version then the answer to your question is trivial.  If not then it's a bit longer.

Let me know.

t

p.s. I posted how this is done on the previous page.

I am a user and dont have any idea about source code. :(

I dont own any sql server thingys at all.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.