Urgent !!! Regarding fake customers registration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 年 前
By the way, please vote for built-in honeypot feature here
9 年 前
Definitely need this feature because Captcha discourages user registration.

P.S. This can probably all be done simply with Javascript. No need to create ActionFilters, Html Helpers, Adding Checks to Controllers, etc. Just check if the honeypot field has a value and if it does then don't submit the form :)
9 年 前
a.m. wrote:
By the way, please vote for built-in honeypot feature here

And here we go. Done. Please see changeset b25d1d858169
7 年 前
Hi Andrei:  I really need help with this. Am getting a customer registered on my site (Krutal Modi... strangely, a name that appears in this Forum). This person keeps registering on my website. I do have reCaptcha active (the one that is recommended by NopCommerce) but nothing seems to block that individual. I know there is a plugin for blocking IPaddresses, but the fact is that fake customers are going to use different IPs all the time.

Is there a way to block a person from accessing the website and even prevent them from registering again if we find out they are actually fake customers? Is there a plugin somewhere that will definitely resolve this issue. Not sure that I am reading this right, but even with the IPs plugin, it may not seem to resolve everything.

Am using Nop 3.7

Please help!  Thanks again!

Manon :)
7 年 前
Please ignore for now. I have tried something else. Hopefully it will work.
7 年 前
nonam wrote:
Hi Andrei:  I really need help with this. Am getting a customer registered on my site (Krutal Modi... strangely, a name that appears in this Forum). This person keeps registering on my website. I do have reCaptcha active (the one that is recommended by NopCommerce) but nothing seems to block that individual. I know there is a plugin for blocking IPaddresses, but the fact is that fake customers are going to use different IPs all the time.

Is there a way to block a person from accessing the website and even prevent them from registering again if we find out they are actually fake customers? Is there a plugin somewhere that will definitely resolve this issue. Not sure that I am reading this right, but even with the IPs plugin, it may not seem to resolve everything.

Am using Nop 3.7

Please help!  Thanks again!

Manon :)

Hi Manon, Apologies for your convenience. I was also working in nopCommerce project (customization & plugins) and I was just looking around your website for learning purpose. If it is incorrect in your view then surely you can disable or delete my account.
Thank you.
6 年 前
Using NopCommerce v3.5 with a HEAVILY modified theme that makes upgrading to the latest version of NopCommerce a logistical impossibly at the moment.

ReCaptcha DOES NOTHING AT ALL to quell the tsunami of fake registrations.

Please, NopCommerce, fix this site-destroying failure (and offer patches or workarounds for older versions!).
6 年 前
Adobe Wan Kenobi wrote:
Using NopCommerce v3.5 with a HEAVILY modified theme that makes upgrading to the latest version of NopCommerce a logistical impossibly at the moment.

Please, NopCommerce, fix this site-destroying failure (and offer patches or workarounds for older versions!).

Hi,

You can implement HoneyPot technique to prevent spam by referring to the nopCommerce source code where it has been implemented.

Regards
6 年 前
nopAccelerate wrote:

Hi,

You can implement HoneyPot technique to prevent spam by referring to the nopCommerce source code where it has been implemented.

Regards

I'm totally disagree with your solution, not everyone is a devoloper.
It's a shame that nopcommerce team knows of this problems, and doesn't release any fix to implement the solution to all versions, and not just tell, that honeypot technique has been apply to the current version and does it...

I know this is not wordpress or prestashop, what I think in terms of fixes and updates nopcommerce has to learn a lot.

Regards.
3 年 前
I had the same problem for my store and I did a plugin
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/anti-bot-protection-foxnetsoftcom
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.