Help installing on an ixwebhosting.com server

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
I keep gettin this error (after turning off custom errors):

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 88:       </expressionBuilders>
Line 89:     </compilation>
Line 90:     <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 91:       <forms name="NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH" loginUrl="~/Login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="43200" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
Line 92:     </authentication>

Source File: d:\hshome\solarmecca\solarmecca.com\meccauniversity\store\web.config    Line: 90

I am currently not using a web.config in the root of my server, the only web.config is located in the nopCommerce folder but i still keep getting this error.  When I move that web.config to the root directory, it causes my site to error out and I'm not really sure why as my site is a .net 3.5 site.  Can anyone help me with this?  

Thanks!
14 年 前
Obviously I don't have access to IIS directly as this is a hosted server.  Do I need to  shoot a ticket to ixwebhosting to create an application folder for me?
14 年 前
Make sure you have configured your application root to run ASP.NET 2.0.  ASP.NET 3.5 is a plugin to ASP.NET.

Go into your control panel.  Go to web options.  Select the domain you want to configure.  If ASPNET is turned off, turn it on. If it is on click edit.  Then select version 2.0.
14 年 前
Yes, .net 2.0 is enabled (and 3.5 add-on is installed).  My site was designed as a .net 3.5 website so i have to have it enabled.  Anything else?
14 年 前
Try putting the web.config file in the root of your domain and see what happens.

I can't really tell what's wrong.  It's a troubleshooting issue that will need some trial error experimentation.

Is the nopCommerce in a subdomain?
14 年 前
If the nopCommerce store is in a different directory did you configure it as a Web Application?
14 年 前
I tried putting the web.config in the root directory, but that makes my main site error out.  Also, I don't currently have a web.config in my root directory.  I was trying to figure out how to make a subdirectory a web application (I want nopCommerce to be in /meccauniversity/store/) but I don't have direct access to IIS as it's a hosted account.

I tried creating a folder as a web application but it didn't seem to work.  Here are screenshots of my control panel if that helps:

[url=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?4f4f70803c.png][/url]

[url=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/][/url]]
14 年 前
As a test, try commenting out the <authentication> tags and run the application.  Maybe you'll see another error, maybe you won't, but I'm wondering if your site will run without that tag.
14 年 前
I have an idea.  Since your nopCommerce application is in a different directory than the root, you should map the path to your login page appropriately.  Like this:

loginUrl="~/DirectoryOfNopCommerceStore/Login.aspx"

and do the same for the default URL like this:

defaultUrl="~/DirectoryOfNopCommerceStore/default.aspx"

See what happens when you make these changes.
14 年 前
Tried commenting out <authentication> and tried changing url as requested.  Still get same error.  This is driving me crazy!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.