Some programming questions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
I'm well underway writing a VAT Tax Provider for the EU and I hope to be able to contribute this to the official code base.

VAT is so far as I know always chargeable on taxable items if the user's shipping address is in the same country as the shop. Does anyone know how I can easily determine what country the shop is in?
14 年 前
Very interested in seeing / hearing more about this VAT add on :)
14 年 前
I can't find any setting for store location so I guess I'll add it to the tax provider's settings.

The provider itself is quite simple - determine the shipping country and whether it's in the VAT zone, determine if the user is VAT exempt (supplied a valid VAT number and is shipping outside the shop's country), and then if VAT is chargeable return the VAT rate for the product's tax category. Seems to work in my very VERY limited tests.

Once I've finished this bit I'm going to have a look at tapping into the EU web service for validating VAT numbers.
14 年 前
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvnbx46wN6k

How to Setup UK Vat in nopcommerce Video.
14 年 前
That's a reasonable way to do it but it doesn't beat a dedicated tax provider which will work out of the box, charge the correct tax based on the shipping country, and (hopefully) automatically verify the VAT numbers of intra-EU customers so that they can be charged 0% :)

The latter is the key point for my employer. We will mostly be selling business2business and I expect that most not all of our non-UK EU customers will have VAT numbers which will entitle them to be VAT exempt.

Writing a dedicated tax provider also allows for adding features in the future such as setting up post-dated rate changes (I have a nasty feeling that we in the UK will be seeing a rise to 20% in the near future).

Anyway, that's enough justification, you won't be forced to use it :)
14 年 前
kingboyk wrote:
That's a reasonable way to do it but it doesn't beat a dedicated tax provider which will work out of the box, charge the correct tax based on the shipping country, and (hopefully) automatically verify the VAT numbers of intra-EU customers so that they can be charged 0% :)

The latter is the key point for my employer. We will mostly be selling business2business and I expect that most not all of our non-UK EU customers will have VAT numbers which will entitle them to be VAT exempt.

Writing a dedicated tax provider also allows for adding features in the future such as setting up post-dated rate changes (I have a nasty feeling that we in the UK will be seeing a rise to 20% in the near future).

Anyway, that's enough justification, you won't be forced to use it :)

kingboyk wrote:
charge the correct tax based on the shipping country

This can be solved by current tax provider.

kingboyk wrote:
automatically verify the VAT numbers of intra-EU customers so that they can be charged 0% :)

I think this can be  solved without changing the databas structure by using jquery+XML. But how do you know his VAT can be exempted, do you have a database of it or regular expression?

kingboyk wrote:
Writing a dedicated tax provider also allows for adding features in the future such as setting up post-dated rate changes

This can be solved by current tax provider

kingboyk wrote:
(I have a nasty feeling that we in the UK will be seeing a rise to 20% in the near future).

Omg......I have the same feeling.lol

Larry
14 年 前
There's a web service here http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/services/checkVatService.wsdl

It tells you whether the VAT number is genuine or not.
13 年 前
OK it took me a while but the VAT provider is ready for testing. Please see https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/4688/vat-provider-ready-for-testing.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.