Product/category mappings Nop 3.8

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 年 前
Hi!

I have recently upgraded to version 3.8 of nopCommerce and have a question about the Product/category mappings. Up to version 3.7 you could add categorymappings to a product and change the category sort order if you wanted a map a product to more than one category. In version 3.8 I can't find where to change the sort order of the category mappings (I found where to map a product to categories but the column sortorder is not there)? I also wonder if the category tree view is gone in version 3.8 or is there a setting where I can enable it?

Apart from my question above I must say I really like the new Admin design, good work! :)

Regards Markus
7 年 前
d99mj wrote:
I have recently upgraded to version 3.8 of nopCommerce and have a question about the Product/category mappings. Up to version 3.7 you could add categorymappings to a product and change the category sort order if you wanted a map a product to more than one category. In version 3.8 I can't find where to change the sort order of the category mappings (I found where to map a product to categories but the column sortorder is not there)?

You can still change the sort order of products within a category from the Products tab on the category edit page. It wasn't obvious in the old admin GUI but these were the same DisplayOrder values that you used to be able to edit from the product edit page. Actually I think the old GUI made it much easier to see which was the 'primary' category that was assigned to a product when it is mapped to multiple categories (i.e. which one gets used in the breadcrumb trail on the product page). The only way to check that now is to find the product in all it's mapped categories and see which has the lowest DisplayOrder value.

d99mj wrote:
I also wonder if the category tree view is gone in version 3.8 or is there a setting where I can enable it?

Yes it disappeared though wasn't specifically mentioned in the release notes.
7 年 前
Hi!

Thanks a lot! :)

Regards Markus
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.