About Email Validation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Hi Friends

I got sorted out many problems in this forum I am looking for some more help from you guys. do u have any idea about how to make email validation in nopcommerce when a user register I am able to send email but I need user need to click on the email and then he need to get activated to the site.

Thanks
Bhasker
14 年 前
Thats a good idea. To my knowledge there is no email verification (new user receives mail and has to activate the account). The reason for this is, shops don't want to use that. For a forum its ok. A shop needs to sell products and making it a user hard or to long to get a product results in walking away of potential customer.
14 年 前
Thanks mate for the idea but the thing is when user activates the account it need to reflect in database. so, that when that user comes for site next time he need to login directly no need of activation again. How to reflect in data base is my doubt. I am trying many ways did any one worked on email validation in nopcommerce...

Thanks
Bhasker
14 年 前
I do not understand what you want.

Do you want the visitor to login (using mail/pass) next time he visit shop.
Or do you want him to automagicaly log in with a cookie

All those options are already there. User only has to register once. After that he can login or choose to remember the login. He also gets a welcome email after registration.
14 年 前
Hi mate

What I need is
1 when user first time registers in the site he need to get email. I am sending email with some random number which will be used for validation purpose
2 when user clicks that email the account need to get activated.
  Here I need to check validation like when he clicks that random number which i generated need to reflect in database
3 when his account is activated he can login directly next time .

The whole idea is general email validation.
14 年 前
email validation will be available in the next release.
14 年 前
nopCommerce team | retroviz wrote:

I hope it will be optional. I personally can't see any benefits having this for ecommerce sites apart from reducing conversion rate.
14 年 前
I can confirm that it will be configurable (on/off)

Thanks,
Ben
14 年 前
AB Fitness wrote:

I hope it will be optional. I personally can't see any benefits having this for ecommerce sites apart from reducing conversion rate.

Thats what I said. It is 'not done' with ecommerce sites. Shoppers will leave if its to much work to get a item. Personally I have never seen such a option in any shop but I guess NC will be the first to put this in as a option. ;)
14 年 前
USRFobiwan wrote:
AB Fitness wrote:

Thats what I said. It is 'not done' with ecommerce sites. Shoppers will leave if its to much work to get a item. Personally I have never seen such a option in any shop but I guess NC will be the first to put this in as a option. ;)

It´s "not done" for e-comm sites but with a few mods you can turn this project into another type of internet sales, say like an auction site. Then this feature would be really nice to have, that way you have some sort of "authentication" of the person registering.

Regards,

Sebastian.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.