About Email Validation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
sebandres wrote:
USRFobiwan wrote:
AB Fitness wrote:
nopCommerce team | retroviz wrote:
email validation will be available in the next release.

I hope it will be optional. I personally can't see any benefits having this for ecommerce sites apart from reducing conversion rate.

Thats what I said. It is 'not done' with ecommerce sites. Shoppers will leave if its to much work to get a item. Personally I have never seen such a option in any shop but I guess NC will be the first to put this in as a option. ;)

It´s "not done" for e-comm sites but with a few mods you can turn this project into another type of internet sales, say like an auction site. Then this feature would be really nice to have, that way you have some sort of "authentication" of the person registering.

Regards,

Sebastian.

Well, I believe with some mods you can build anything using nopcommerce but if nopcommerce is designed as a shopping cart (isn't what it says in the header?) I would rather add features that nopcommerce is missing as a shopping cart an then add options that are totally useless for ecommerce sites.
14 年 前
We appreciate your comments.

We had a number of requests for this feature and it was quite simple to implement. Yes nopCommerce is a shopping cart but there are also features on the roadmap (forum, cms etc) that make this feature more necessary.

We can't always cater for everyone's needs which is why we try to make nopCommerce as configurable as possible.

Thanks
Ben
14 年 前
Mate i did email validation on my own right now i have written a function for that and its working for ..

thanks for all who suggested me the things and I got a great help from nopcommerce team.

Thanks
bhasker b
14 年 前
Having read through this thread that I have to agree that in the manner described it would reduce conversion rates.
At the same time I see benefit in being able to "validate" an email address.
Having seen what is in the latest release, it appears that this logic has been implemented, including the configurable element.

In my opinion, it still needs to be tweaked in order to be usable.
For example,

1. The activation mechanism should be used to block entry into the forum or the blog as stated in a previous thread.  (Of course this should be configurable) and not affect conversion.

2. If activation is to include "ordering", the user upon completion of the registration page should be presented with a page with a button to continue (Which it currently does) but have the option to enter the activation code manually by copying and pasting the code from the newly received activation email.  The user is presented with text at this point which explains the benefits (enhanced privacy, forums, blogs, etc...) but also explain that they may continue without activation at this time.  If the user should continue without activation, then they will be logged in and be able to continue with what they were doing by automatically redirecting to the checkout, if that is where they came from.

3. If item #2 is not implemented then the CustomerActivation page should change.  Today, I click on the email link, activation happens, but there is no button on a successfull activation.  This control customer account activation, should prompt the user for a password, which would get submitted with the GUID and automatically, activate and logged the user in.  This should INCREASE conversion rate.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.