Creation or Modification of pages (License)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
May I know what are things that you need to do regarding to the license for Creation of new pages or Modification of current pages? Such as do I need to publish my creation and modification and if needed how do I do that?.
13 年 前
No, you don't have to contribute your changes back to us
13 年 前
I think generally with open source you only have to contribute changes back or publish your source code if you redistribute and/or sell the software. e.g. you modify the Linux kernel for use your own machine = no problem. You modify the kernel and redistribute it or use some of the code in your own project which you then distribute in binary form = you have to open source it.
13 年 前
Thank you Andrei. But do i need to put any message in the newly created or modified files?
13 年 前
@kingboyk : How about these?

1). Let's say someone want to use nopCommerce and need my help for installation?

2). He need some features those are not available in nopCommerce and I have to develope those for him.

Can I charge him for my effort?
** In both case, I am not going to sell or redistribute the original nopCommerce source code.

The Licence document is a bit hard to understand for me.

Thanks in advance.
13 年 前
Yea understanding License could be confusing...

Example: when redistribute and/or selling the original code is against license policy then how come there are many website that are selling nopCommerce themes ? As, they modify the original theme, so i guess when they deliver their work to any client they are redistributing the code after making changes..so it is ok ?

If we take example of : https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/107/apple-computer-black-modern.aspx

If you download this theme you will see at the top that it still says following, which is a proof that online theme stores modify the original theme and sells the themes, so is this ok ? if yes, then how it is different from "redistribute and/or selling the original code" ?

-------------------------------------------------------------
/* The contents of this file are subject to the nopCommerce Public License Version 1.0 ("License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
/* You may obtain a copy of the License at  https://www.nopcommerce.com/License.aspx.
/*
/* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
/* See the License for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the License.
/*
/* The Original Code is nopCommerce.
/* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is NopSolutions.
/* All Rights Reserved.
/*
/* Contributor(s): RetroViz Design.

-------------------------------------------------------------
13 年 前
kingboyk wrote:
I think generally with open source you only have to contribute changes back or publish your source code if you redistribute and/or sell the software. e.g. you modify the Linux kernel for use your own machine = no problem. You modify the kernel and redistribute it or use some of the code in your own project which you then distribute in binary form = you have to open source it.

You're absolutely right. But I don't require people to contribute your changes back to us.
BTW, you can find Mozilla Public License annotated here - www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.1-annotated.html
13 年 前
nyan wrote:
@kingboyk : How about these?

1). Let's say someone want to use nopCommerce and need my help for installation?

2). He need some features those are not available in nopCommerce and I have to develope those for him.

Can I charge him for my effort?
** In both case, I am not going to sell or redistribute the original nopCommerce source code.

The Licence document is a bit hard to understand for me.

Thanks in advance.

I'm neither a lawyer nor a member of the NopCommerce team but my understanding is that both of those are fine. If you're ever unsure you can always ask Andrei.
13 年 前
Thanks kingboyk.
Dont think me wrong. My question is for everyone and thank you for answering.

@Andrei -- is that true that both of my above mentioned questions are fine?

One more question here..

If i buy the key removal, can i remove "Powered by nopCommerce" and put "Powered by XXX" ?

Thanks.
13 年 前
nyan wrote:
If i buy the key removal, can i remove "Powered by nopCommerce" and put "Powered by XXX" ?

Yes, you can
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.