nopCommerce 4.40 - Bug fixes and improvements

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 年 前
rlodhiya wrote:

My concern is that every time a new version releases, vital documents are not up to date. That confuses new developer and set back on pushing upgrades. I wish I have an architecture document and learn this entire framework through the document. Thus, I could be more confident about any changes in the patterns and develop with confidence.

I believe many developers just want to implement their plugins quickly to satisfy their requirements. In order to do that, they need fundamental knowledge of the nop design patterns for 'previous' & 'new' nop versions. Any competent developer can do this but it takes time, as the only method right now is to review existing code bases from freely available plugins.

Maybe if nop offers project templates/extensions in Visual Studio (VS) to quickly generate project plugin libraries, like in VS. Have project templates for plugins such as payment, shipping, discounts etc and include basic design pattern sample code for the developer to fill in to follow best practices (eg. how events are implemented in nop for specific scenarios).  Sure, this is somewhat spoon feeding but the software vendors goal is to implement and get the job done for a return of investment of their time.

It may help and draw in more plugin developers.
3 年 前
Nop-Templates.com wrote:

Found an issue in the NopTabsTagHelper class. You can no longer add a class attribute to a tab. The application returns an error InvalidOperationException: The collection already contains an entry with key 'class'.

Done. Please see this commit.
3 年 前
Hi guys,

NOTE: I will ask everyone to post anything that is not related to 4.40 on a separate topic. Please don't SPAM this topic with other questions/issues not strictly related to development questions/issues for 4.40 as it is hard for the nopCommerce team to follow!

I don't see a comment from the nopCommerce team about the missing ExecuteNonQuery .
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/90152/nopcommerce-440-bug-fixes-and-improvements#280806

Could you guys please comment on this as it is quite important for any plugin that executes SQL scripts?

Thanks,
Boyko
3 年 前
Hello,

When should we expect fix issue with named semaphores which is currently unsupported on platfroms diffrent then Windows, and it's a blocker for run and development version 4.40

https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/5273

Thanks,
T
3 年 前
Nop-Templates.com wrote:
Hi guys,
Could you guys please comment on this as it is quite important for any plugin that executes SQL scripts?

Thanks,
Boyko

Yes, we'll bring back this method in 4.40.
3 年 前
No need to wait anymore :)

We are back to using named mutexes, details at this link

unknownuser wrote:
Hello,

When should we expect fix issue with named semaphores which is currently unsupported on platfroms diffrent then Windows, and it's a blocker for run and development version 4.40

https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/5273

Thanks,
T
3 年 前
DmitriyKulagin wrote:

Found an issue in the NopTabsTagHelper class. You can no longer add a class attribute to a tab. The application returns an error InvalidOperationException: The collection already contains an entry with key 'class'.

Done. Please see this commit.

Hello,

Thank you for fixing this! I've just tested it and everything is working fine now.

I've also noticed that the ShoppingCartModelFactory.PrepareCartItemPictureModel method is now protected and is not present in the interface. We are unable to use this method as we did in 4.3. That method is used only in other public methods in the same factory. I am guessing that's why it is now protected. However, we are no longer enable to prepare only the picture model for a shopping cart item. Instead, we should prepare the whole cart model.
I would like to request for this method and similar methods in other factories and services to be made public again.

Same goes for the CatalogModelFactory and the PrepareSortingOptions, PrepareViewModes and PreparePageSizeOptions methods where we see the same thing - we cannot use those methods and have to prepare the whole SearchModel.

Regards,
Anton
3 年 前
1. Please upgrade the library Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces (the current version 4.70).
But Microsoft has version 5.00
https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces/

2. Add the new parameter in the model EstimateShippingModel
        public string City{ get; set; }
DHL and other parcel services doesn't use ZipPostalCode for many countries (only City)
and It's better to add parameters "Hide City", "Hide ZipPostalCode " for EstimateShipping widget
3 年 前
Any chance to finally support WebP image format? And allow multiple image uploads on the products details page?
3 年 前
jayc wrote:
Any chance to finally support WebP image format?

Already done in 4.40
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.