nopCommerce 3.30 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
mayabellescloset wrote:

Instead, I would vote to strip out everything that is not core functionality from the main solution and move it to plugins. Implementations that need them could still use them, but the main solution would be more lightweight for those that don't need them.

Couldn't agree more, I don't use forums, news, want to disable wishlist globally. They all seem like things that should be plugins. I'm seeing a trend towards being everything to everyone, and a lot of wheel reinventing. For example, newsletters: no host will ever let you blast out newsletters for long, this should totally be left up to plugin integration to existing systems like mailchimp/constant contact/sendgrid.
10 years ago
dgabriel wrote:

Instead, I would vote to strip out everything that is not core functionality from the main solution and move it to plugins. Implementations that need them could still use them, but the main solution would be more lightweight for those that don't need them.

Couldn't agree more, I don't use forums, news, want to disable wishlist globally. They all seem like things that should be plugins. I'm seeing a trend towards being everything to everyone, and a lot of wheel reinventing. For example, newsletters: no host will ever let you blast out newsletters for long, this should totally be left up to plugin integration to existing systems like mailchimp/constant contact/sendgrid.

There is a work item for that. You can vote
10 years ago
eadameg wrote:

There is a work item for that. You can vote

Hi,.

also email should be created as plug-ins.

Frank
10 years ago
Hi,.

Point 1:
There is a report generator for the forms to incorporate a timetable already?

Point 2:
Tab in the product description (_ProductPice.cshtml) would be good.

Frank
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
By the way, have a look at this work item ("Make the default theme responsive"). What do you think about it? Should it be done out of the box? If yes, should we maintain both mobile versions (a new responsive and the current jQuery mobile)? Or drop should we drop the current jQuery mobile support in order to keep the solution more simple (no code duplicates) and have only responsive one?

And here we go. Please see the following forum topic - New responsive design for upcoming version 3.30. BETA testers needed!
10 years ago
DJ_Balogh wrote:
Can anyone comment on the ability to assign SKU’s to simple product attributes. Right now, we are limited with how we can customize product attributes.

I would be looking for a field where you could enter a SKU number.

Would this help you?
https://www.nopcommerce.com/docs/73/updating-an-existing-entity-how-to-add-a-new-property.aspx
10 years ago
for me and I guess others RTL is a must.
For less maintenance, my suggestion is to separate the css file to three
main css file
LTR css file
RTL css file

the last two will include all the RTL LTR properties
the first one will have all the common properties

Further I think there should be an additional skin css file which will include all color properties
so it will be easy to change colors and background colors
10 years ago
hezyz wrote:
For less maintenance, my suggestion is to separate the css file to three
main css file
LTR css file
RTL css file

the last two will include all the RTL LTR properties
the first one will have all the common properties

Thanks for suggestion. But I think it would be better to maintain only two files - styles.css and styles.rtl.css (three files are to complex to modify and maintain). But styles.rtl.css should contain only overridden styles (not all ones as it's done now). Similar to implementation of RTL support in Telerik MVC Extensions or KendoUI. Please vote for this work item here
10 years ago
Hi!

Any updates on when 3.30 will be released? Still april?

Btw, i really need to implement this: https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/3925b345682f

is that changeset finished?
10 years ago
I'm working with v 3.30 the last changeset from a week ago.
working perfect and the KendoUi is 10 times faster
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.