Easiest way to set up a large drop down

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 12 años
Hey everyone!  We got our site up and going www.eccolights.com but just wondering what you guys think is the easiest way to set up a large drop down list?

What we have is a scent list for our candles and such and it changes quite often (adding new things).  So far we set it up as follows:

1. Added a new product (jars, tarts, etc)
2. Then went to Product Variants (SKU)
3. Then to Product Variants Attributes and added the 200+ scents we offer.

It works very well this way but just went in to add some new scents and realized that doing it this way we have to edit each different product with the new scents.  

So, is there a drop down type list we could make another way that would update each of the products that have the scent list associated to it?

I'm sure this is probably something very simple but we are overlooking it.

Thanks for your help!

Rob
Hace 12 años
Hello

Can you please tell us what version of NC your using ?

Thanks
Hace 12 años
Hi Rob,

I am afraid you've hit a common problem with the product attributes.
I believe there is no easy way to do what you are trying to achieve via the admin panel.
Your best bet will probably be to write an sql script to perform you frequent update to the product attribute and the products themselves.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.