NOP 2.0 - Switching language returns the store to startpage

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 12 años
When switching between languages in NOP 2.0, the store returns to the startpage of the webshop, instead of staying on the current page.

It is not so userfriendly to have the customer navigate through the entire webshop again, just because he has switched language. Rather he should just stay on the same page while the content changes.

That was one of the features that I liked from previous version NOP 1.9 and sorry to see that it is not there anymore in 2.0.

I know it is written from scratch again so that's why I'm asking if you can implement that into NOP 2.1? :-)
Hace 12 años
A customer stays on the current page. It works fine. What page are you switching language on? nopCommerce uses "location.reload()" javascript function in order to refresh the page. And it's supported in all major browsers.What browser are you using?
Hace 12 años
a.m. wrote:
A customer stays on the current page. It works fine. What page are you switching language on? nopCommerce uses "location.reload()" javascript function in order to refresh the page. And it's supported in all major browsers.What browser are you using?

Strange.
I tried all major browsers, firefox, IE 7-8, Chrome and all return to the start page when switching language.
Not one of them stays on the same page.

My fresh installation of Nop 2.0 is installed locally on Win7. My languages is set to use flags instead of dropdown.
Hace 12 años
Found the problem now.

The issue is not browser related.
The issue occurs only if you have checked "Use images for language selection". As a dropdown it works fine, but if you want to use image flags instead like most people prefer, it returns to the start page.

Hope that can be fixed :-)
Hace 12 años
You're right. I'll create a work item for this bug
Hace 12 años
Thank you
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.