Localization Strings - XML or DB?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 12 años
Hi,

I am trying to edit Localization messages from within the Admin of nopCommerce 2.0 and am not seeing the option to do this like 1.90.  However I am seeing a few XML files in the App_Data folder.  When I change some of these, rebuild, etc. I am never seeing the front end update.  When I check the DB, and am seeing the Localization listed with the old setting.

My ultimate questions are:  How does nopCommerce 2.0 handle localization, and where does the data get read from... the new XML files, or the DB?  Should the nopCommerce database contain "dbo.LocaleStringResource", or is this specific to nopCommerce 1.90 and older?  If I want to make changes to these messages, where should this be done?

Thank you.
Kevin
Hace 12 años
kkurtz wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to edit Localization messages from within the Admin of nopCommerce 2.0 and am not seeing the option to do this like 1.90.  However I am seeing a few XML files in the App_Data folder.  When I change some of these, rebuild, etc. I am never seeing the front end update.  When I check the DB, and am seeing the Localization listed with the old setting.

My ultimate questions are:  How does nopCommerce 2.0 handle localization, and where does the data get read from... the new XML files, or the DB?  Should the nopCommerce database contain "dbo.LocaleStringResource", or is this specific to nopCommerce 1.90 and older?  If I want to make changes to these messages, where should this be done?

Thank you.
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

nopCommerce 2.0 reads resources from the database. The XML files you mention are used during the installation process (populate the db). To edit resources log in as an admin and follow these steps

1. Navigate to website administration
2. Navigate to Languages (Configuration -> Languages)
3. Find your language and click "View String Resources"

Now you can view, edit, add, and delete resources for a specific language. I hope this helps.
Hace 12 años
Thank you for the quick reply!  I literally just stumbled across that area, so I should be good now.  It's good to know what the XML files are for, so thank you for your assistance!

Kevin
Hace 12 años
kkurtz wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply!  I literally just stumbled across that area, so I should be good now.  It's good to know what the XML files are for, so thank you for your assistance!

Kevin

You are welcome Kevin. Eventually I'll write an article about localization features, but it is finals week for me so it will probably be delayed until next week.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.