sell software licenses

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 12 años
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has already a solution for this.

i have developed and sell a software package. After selling and installing it in the netherlands and belgium myself i am planning to sell the software globally. Because i am a small business i cannot / will not  fly over the world to support my users.

The license file (custom made in c#) i sent by email to paying customers. For the future i would like to have this process automated. I would like to use nopcommerce as my future e-commerce platform and would like to support the following process.

A new or existing customer orders a license for 3, 6 or 12 months. After receiving of the payment i would like to sent the new valid license key to the customer email address so they can go one right away. The license file is simple it contains a company name and a valid trough date.

Has anyone a solution for this?
if not, i am thinking of developing it myself. Are there any starters to go, to develop this within the nopcommerce package?

Thanks,

Beste regards, Marcel
Hace 12 años
[email protected] wrote:
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has already a solution for this.

i have developed and sell a software package. After selling and installing it in the netherlands and belgium myself i am planning to sell the software globally. Because i am a small business i cannot / will not  fly over the world to support my users.

The license file (custom made in c#) i sent by email to paying customers. For the future i would like to have this process automated. I would like to use nopcommerce as my future e-commerce platform and would like to support the following process.

A new or existing customer orders a license for 3, 6 or 12 months. After receiving of the payment i would like to sent the new valid license key to the customer email address so they can go one right away. The license file is simple it contains a company name and a valid trough date.

Has anyone a solution for this?
if not, i am thinking of developing it myself. Are there any starters to go, to develop this within the nopcommerce package?

Thanks,

Beste regards, Marcel

Hi Marcel:
You can use the features for downloadable products. Check examples in demo store / admin
Hace 12 años
Hi Eduardo,

i have looked at this, but the problem is that i do not know who the customer is. So the customer name will not be in the license file because the license file is attached to the product in the store. This is a situation i could live with. However there is a bigger issue.

I the customer orders today a 3 month license. the license file shouldhave an enddate  from today + 3 months. If the customer orders tommorow a 12 months license. The licensefile should contain the enddate of tommorrow plus 12 months. I think i actualy need to generate the license file at runtime. Otherwise i can use the current method and generate is manually and sent it to the customer by mail.

Best regards, Marcel
Hace 12 años
Downloadable products is how I plan to sell on nopTools.com

In your original post you say "...After receiving of the payment i would like to sent the new valid license key to the customer email address...", so I don't follow when you then say "i do not know who the customer is".

With Downloadable products, you can upload the License file from the Admin/ Sales/ Order screen, and the customer can download that license file from My Account / Downloadable products  :

As Admin
Admin > Sales > Orders > Click View link on order record > Products Tab > click button "Upload License File"

As Customer
My account > Downloadable products > click "Download License" link on order line
Hace 12 años
Tnx,

that is exactly the way it should work. But it still contains "manual labor" because i have to add the licensefile through the admin panel for each order. And that is exactly the part i would have automated. In your description i indeed know the customer, because it is on the order. So i can generate the license file and add it to the order.

But i would like to have this process to be automated. NOP should generate the license file for me in the best case scenario.

So i can do 2 things in my opinion. Add a global license to the software package which let it work for 30 days. After payment i can generate the license, and let the customer download it.

Or try to create/setup a kind of webservice which the software checks and stores the actuel end date, local in the database. There should however be an internet connection available.

Tnx for thinking with me.

Best wishes for 2012 for everyone.

Marcel
Hace 11 años
Hello Marcel,

I need nearly the same functionality. I want to sell licence codes, for several downloadable products and for each customer a different one. That means I have to upload a bulk of licence codes for each product, so that the customer can download the ordered number of codes for each product.
How did you solve your task?

Best regards
Manfred
Hace 11 años
Any update here? I need something similar...  Any advise.
Hace 7 años
I need such an example.
Hace 7 años
https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/2134/license-keys.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.