Customising Topic Url

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 12 años
Hi all,

I'd like to know whether it is possible to customise the URL's that Topics generate. Currently the format is "t/{SystemName}" but really I want to provide a slightly friendlier URL based on the title.

I would essentially like to have a function that takes the title and strips out special characters, replaces spaces with hyphens etc - would this be possible?

Thanks in advance
Al
Hace 12 años
What version of nopCommerce are you using?
Hace 12 años
Hi - that was pretty stupid of me! I'm using 2.4.

Thanks
Al
Hace 12 años
Does anyone know whether this is possible?

thanks in advance
Al
Hace 12 años
Out of the box, I don't think you can do what you want.  There is a proposed work item here that may be what you want.
Hace 12 años
Hi all,

I actually managed to develop a pretty good solution which allows the administrator to type the URL into a input box. I extended it to check that the URL doesnt exist on any other topic, and I put some nice little features in place that allow them to indicate whether the topic should be treated as a page, and also a couple of options for including the topic in certain menus on the site.

If there's any interest in my solution I'll make it available, but there is quite a bit of code and documenation that will be needed.

Happy to help the nop community if wanted....

Thanks
Al
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.