Tier Price and Variant Price Problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 12 años
Hi,

I am setting up a shop using version 2.4 and it will be used as a retail and a trade purchase shop, I hope.

Price entered into the product variant is the full list price. So if a regular customer registers to purchase an item then they will be shown the full list price and nothing else.

I have setup a new customer role, simply called Trader. I have an already established dealer network and will enter those into the site and assign them the Trader status.

A Trader will get 25% discount from the product variant list price. Each product is assigned the Trader discount, which I setup under Promotions > Discounts. and this works well without the need to enter a discount code. So when a trader logs in they can see the full list and also their trade price. This works and I'm happy with that.

On some of my products I want to show and offer a quantity discount. So in the product variant I have setup Tier prices. 10+ units and 20+ unit breaks. 10+ units equates to 30% discount off the main price and 20+ units equates to 35%. I have set my tier prices up to show only for the Trader customer role. A regular customer wont see the tier pricing.

In theory this should work and when testing it looks like it does work when I look at my test product page. For example...

List Price: £70.96
Trade Price: £53.22 (25% discount)

10+: £49.67 (30% discount)
20+: £46.12 (35% discount)

I am logged in as a Trader and I have selected 20 units of my test item. What I expect to see in the shopping cart is 20 units @ £46.12 but I don't. I see 20 units @ £34.59 which is the £46.12 with the normal 25% Trader discount added on top of the 20 unit price. I don't want this to happen. I don't want my tier price to work alongside my Trader discount.

Has anyone found a solution to this little problem?

Thanks
Hace 12 años
Just had a thought.

If I setup another Trade customer role, call it Trader Tier, for example. I can assign my tier pricing to only show for Trader Tier customers. That way the two won't conflict. I then assign my trade customers with Trader and Trader Tier customer roles.

Oh... Just tested this theory and it doesn't work :(
Hace 12 años
Hmm tbf discounts should probably work separately to tier pricing.

Put it this way, I'm a trader I get 25% off the list price if I buy 10 I see I get those at a reduced rate and I am still wanting my 25% off.

Maybe change your tier price discounts so they are 5% and 10% off? That's not going to work exactly but just fiddle with 5% and 10%

eg.

£200 - 5 % = £180

discount £180 by 25% = £135

£200 - 30% = £160

HTH

Dave
Hace 12 años
Revt wrote:
Hi,

I am setting up a shop using version 2.4 and it will be used as a retail and a trade purchase shop, I hope.

Price entered into the product variant is the full list price. So if a regular customer registers to purchase an item then they will be shown the full list price and nothing else.

I have setup a new customer role, simply called Trader. I have an already established dealer network and will enter those into the site and assign them the Trader status.

A Trader will get 25% discount from the product variant list price. Each product is assigned the Trader discount, which I setup under Promotions > Discounts. and this works well without the need to enter a discount code. So when a trader logs in they can see the full list and also their trade price. This works and I'm happy with that.

On some of my products I want to show and offer a quantity discount. So in the product variant I have setup Tier prices. 10+ units and 20+ unit breaks. 10+ units equates to 30% discount off the main price and 20+ units equates to 35%. I have set my tier prices up to show only for the Trader customer role. A regular customer wont see the tier pricing.

In theory this should work and when testing it looks like it does work when I look at my test product page. For example...

Trade Price: £53.22 (25% discount)

I am logged in as a Trader and I have selected 20 units of my test item. What I expect to see in the shopping cart is 20 units @ £46.12 but I don't. I see 20 units @ £34.59 which is the £46.12 with the normal 25% Trader discount added on top of the 20 unit price. I don't want this to happen. I don't want my tier price to work alongside my Trader discount.

Has anyone found a solution to this little problem?

Thanks

You can solve everything with tier prices. You DONT have to use the promotion discount. In all Products set the List price and for Traders tier prices 1+: regular price- 25%. In products where you want to give more tier discount set them (as in your example):
Trade Prices:
1+: £53.22 (25% discount)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.