Add menu item in backend (admin) section

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 11 años
Hello all,

Currently trying out nopCommerce 2.60 for the first time and so far, we are very impressed! Thank you!

We’ve found articles and examples on how to create plugins and they work great but we do have some questions regarding the admin menu.

The question:
Assuming I’ve created a plugin and installed it correctly. My goal is to make my plugin viewable in the Administrator Menu under the Customers section and between Customer Roles and Online Customers.

How does one create a module and make it display in a particular place within the administrator menu.

Is this possible?

If the answer is “yes it is possible”, would anyone be so kind to show me how?

In addition, I believe we could do this by modifying the sitemap.config file but is this the only way?

The reason I’m asking is because I’d rather make this happen programmatically instead of having to manually modify the sitemap.config.

If we manually modify the sitemap.config, what are the chances of things breaking in the near future if we plan on upgrading to nopCommerce 3.0 (let’s say)?

Thanks in advance
Vlince
Hace 11 años
I think sitemap.xml in the Admin project is the only way.  When you upgrade, just merge the two files and you should be fine.
Hace 11 años
Thanks for the reply Andy :-)

As a quick note, when you say that you *think* the only way is to modify the sitemap.config file, is this something that has been confirmed by the nopCommerce team or is this based off your personal experience with nopCommerce?

I’m asking because I agree that modifying the sitemap.config and merging it at some later time, is not a show stopper but if there *IS* a way to programmatically place my plugin in a particular place within the admin menu, then I’d much rather use that approach.

Thanks again for the info!
Sincerely
Vlince
Hace 11 años
Just my personal experience.  I don't really keep up with the feature requests or discussions.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.