2.6 - Custom Plugin not showing up in the list (works fine when debugging)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 11 años
I am currently having an issue with my plugin not being displayed in the plugin list within admin.

When I run this straight from VS2010 is works perfectly. I have checked and the description file appears to be OK and the plugin is present in the plugins folder once deployed (using the deploy.bat).

I have noticed there is a massive list of DLLs being deployed with the plugin but don't think that is the issue (although it would be nice to tidy that up to - all references are set to do not copy)

Are there any other things I could be missing? I am fairly new to development and have checked al the things that seem to be obvious to me.

I have already read and checked the following:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/13404/plugin-not-showhing-up-in-plugin-list.aspx
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/14259/plugin-not-copied-to-deploy.aspx

Any assistance will be massively appreciated!
Hace 11 años
I had the same issue.  Here's what worked for me:

1. Make sure the Description.txt is written correctly and Build Action is Content and Output Directory is Copy if newer
2. Once you go to the admin pages, click on "Clear cache" on the top right hand corner.

Reload, and it should appear.
Hace 11 años
par6 wrote:
I had the same issue.  Here's what worked for me:

1. Make sure the Description.txt is written correctly and Build Action is Content and Output Directory is Copy if newer
2. Once you go to the admin pages, click on "Clear cache" on the top right hand corner.

Reload, and it should appear.

Hi thanks for replying. I have checked all the above and still no luck.

It's strange it works when running in debug mode in vs2010, implying the file contents (description.txt) is correct. When I look in the \plugins\ folder on live there is my dll and the description file there.

Any more ideas?
Hace 11 años
Just some other thoughts...

Build Configuration (right click and properties over your plugin project) settings for "Debug" as well as "Release"
Is the Output path where you want it?  i.e Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins\yourplugin

Any typos in the name of the dll or within your Description.txt?

Have you tried the Deploying.Readme.txt "Manually" instructions?
Hace 11 años
par6 wrote:
Just some other thoughts...

Build Configuration (right click and properties over your plugin project) settings for "Debug" as well as "Release"
Is the Output path where you want it?  i.e Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins\yourplugin

Any typos in the name of the dll or within your Description.txt?

Have you tried the Deploying.Readme.txt "Manually" instructions?

Yes the build output is correct and when i build the project (in VS2010) it creates the dll and related files in the nop.web\plugins\ folder. Also when I run the deploy batch file it create the plugin folder in the deployable folder.

It's bizarre it works with the same code base if I run from VS!
Hace 11 años
Just as a side note my plugin folder in the deployable folder has not only the dll for the custom plugin I've written but numerous folders (de,es,fr etc) and Nop.Core Nop.Data and so on.

I have gone through the list of references for the plugin and set all of them to do not copy. Could this be the reason it is now showing up?

Could it be a permission issue of some kind?

Thank you
Hace 11 años
Just try copying your plugin from your VS solution folder  i.e. Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins\YourPluginFolder

and copy it to your Deployable\nop_2.65\Plugins\ folder

The bin folder within Deployable\nop_2.65\Plugins\bin should be empty.  Were you accidentally looking at the main bin folder?
Hace 11 años
par6 wrote:
Just try copying your plugin from your VS solution folder  i.e. Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins\YourPluginFolder

and copy it to your Deployable\nop_2.65\Plugins\ folder

The bin folder within Deployable\nop_2.65\Plugins\bin should be empty.  Were you accidentally looking at the main bin folder?

The plugin bin folder is empty, it the plugins\my.plugin folder with lots of assemblies and folders appearing.

I have tried copying the plugin folder to the deployed site actually like you said with no joy.  Due to issues with temp files I've been trying to do the following after changes: restart app, clear cache, change global.ascx, refresh plugin list.

it. Confuses me more as I've just tried through vs again and it's still showing up fine through that method! Trying to work out what could be different though is impossible
Hace 11 años
Why not delete all those misc files in the \Deployable\nop_2.65\Plugins\yourplugin\ folder?  It should really just have your .dll and .pdb and Description.txt

I suspect something went awry on deploy.bat or your references.  Have you tried the manual instructions?

-------------from the readme.txt------------------
Manually:
1. Nop.Web and Nop.Admin are two web applications. They both need to be published to the same directory. “Nop.Web” to “Published\Web\”. “Nop.Admin” to “Published\Web\Administration\”. Make sure the .dlls from Nop.Admin (Published\Web\Administration\bin\) are moved and exist in (Published\Web\bin\).
2. Ensure that plugins (\Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins) are copied into \Published\Web\Plugins\ directory
3. Select all the files in Published\Web\ directory and upload them to your web server.
Hace 11 años
I'm wondering if there were any known bugs around this on 2.60?

I have tried manually copying the plugin folder to the published folder but it didn't seem to make any difference.

I do the following after I've copied but doesnt seem to show still:

Cleare Cache, Restart app, edit global.asax, web.config
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.