I am not even sure what the proper term is for what I am looking to do. Exchange? Classified? I'm not 100% sure on that.

Anyway, here is what I'd like to do, be it inside of the nop environment or with a third party ad on (which, I know there are some very experienced ecommerce folks here, so I hope someone has good ideas)... What we sell is essentially a virtual product. The customer never receives anything other than a confirmation, until they actually go to the hotel (where they would receive a room). In our startup phase, we found that customers were buying a lot of our product as a "backup" incase their choice hotel fell through. This let to a lot of stress on our part when it got time to turn names over to the hotel as a number of people backed out. Anyway, we are drastically changing our formula (otherwise, I would link the site and products) and would like to add some type of exchange for a customer that wants to sell their product to another customer.

At first, I was looking at just a simple classified system, but that would mean the customer was responsible for their own payments, etc. I'd rather have a solution that lets the customer go through us for payments or has a payment system integrated (i.e. Customer Listing with a Buy Now button, but the transactions are strictly between those two people, but the payment system is at least built in and a customer doesn't need to make arrangements for their own payment other than entering some information). I was thinking about giving each customer access to the control panel for nop, letting them add items, etc, but then you run into people that don't know what they are doing, not to mention the issue of people messing things up.

So... Ideas?