Security Exception when trying to edit Categories/Products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 14 años
I am receiving the following error when I go into Administration mode and try to edit catalogs or products, what should I do?

Server Error in '/indy_fashion' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.ReflectionPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.ReflectionPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed) +150
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Object assemblyOrString, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed) +100
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Object assemblyOrString, SecurityAction action, Boolean throwException) +284
   System.Security.PermissionSetTriple.CheckSetDemand(PermissionSet demandSet, PermissionSet& alteredDemandset, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh) +69
   System.Security.PermissionListSet.CheckSetDemand(PermissionSet pset, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh) +150
   System.Security.PermissionListSet.DemandFlagsOrGrantSet(Int32 flags, PermissionSet grantSet) +30
   System.Threading.CompressedStack.DemandFlagsOrGrantSet(Int32 flags, PermissionSet grantSet) +40
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ReflectionTargetDemandHelper(Int32 permission, PermissionSet targetGrant, CompressedStack securityContext) +123
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ReflectionTargetDemandHelper(Int32 permission, PermissionSet targetGrant) +54

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082
Hace 14 años
I am experiencing the same issues as well.

Are there any further permissions which need to be granted, and if so, to which user?

The Logs state the following
[The type of log entry.] Log type:      Unknown
[The severity of the log entry.] Severity:   11
[The log entry message.] Message:   Property accessor 'CategoryInfo' on object 'NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Administration.Modules.ProductCategoryControl+ProductCategoryMappingHelperClass' threw the following exception:'ProductCategoryMappingHelperClass.get_CategoryInfo()'
[The exception details for the log entry.] Exception:   System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Property accessor 'CategoryInfo' on object 'NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Administration.Modules.ProductCategoryControl+ProductCategoryMappingHelperClass' threw the following exception:'ProductCategoryMappingHelperClass.get_CategoryInfo()' ---> System.MethodAccessException: ProductCategoryMappingHelperClass.get_CategoryInfo() ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.ReflectionPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed) at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Object assemblyOrString, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed) at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Object assemblyOrString, SecurityAction action, Boolean throwException) at System.Security.PermissionSetTriple.CheckSetDemand(PermissionSet demandSet, PermissionSet& alteredDemandset, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh) at System.Security.PermissionListSet.CheckSetDemand(PermissionSet pset, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh) at System.Security.PermissionListSet.DemandFlagsOrGrantSet(Int32 flags, PermissionSet grantSet) at System.Threading.CompressedStack.DemandFlagsOrGrantSet(Int32 flags, PermissionSet grantSet) at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ReflectionTargetDemandHelper(Int32 permission, PermissionSet targetGrant, CompressedStack securityContext) at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ReflectionTargetDemandHelper(Int32 permission, PermissionSet targetGrant) The action that failed was: Demand The type of the first permission that failed was: System.Security.Permissions.ReflectionPermission --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Reflection.MethodBase.PerformSecurityCheck(Object obj, RuntimeMethodHandle method, IntPtr parent, UInt32 invocationFlags) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.GetValue(Object component) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.GetValue(Object component) at System.Web.UI.DataBinder.GetPropertyValue(Object container, String propName) at System.Web.UI.DataBinder.Eval(Object container, String[] expressionParts) at System.Web.UI.DataBinder.Eval(Object container, String expression) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.Eval(String expression) at ASP.administration_modules_productcategory_ascx.__DataBinding__control5(Object sender, EventArgs e) in \\nas01\nas\t\h\theoldcountry.ie\web\shop\Administration\Modules\ProductCategory.ascx:line 12 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.CreateRow(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 dataSourceIndex, DataControlRowType rowType, DataControlRowState rowState, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem, DataCont
[IP address of the machine that caused the exception.] IP address:   78.137.128.152
[Name of the customer who caused the exception.] Customer:   [email protected]
[Originating page of exception] Page URL:   http://www.theoldcountry.ie/shop/Administration/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1
[Date/Time the log entry was created.] Created on:   1/19/2010 9:49:10 PM
Hace 14 años
I to am having the same problem... Is there any idea of why this happens??? what to do?

I did not have this problem on Godaddy (had other problems there like building PDF's and full trust)
So I switched to Softsyshosting.com (Recommended by Skiltz)
So what is the deal with not being able to edit Product?? Is there a DB setting I need to change or a file setting?
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- ASP.NET (1.1 / 2.0 / 3.5 SP1)
- IIS 7

Any help?
Shane
Hace 14 años
sweddle.  send a email support ticket softsyshosting and ask "can you please change my website to full trust".  This will sort you out.  They should do it in a matter of minutes.

Thanks,
Matthew
Hace 14 años
The same apply to all others in this thread.  Make sure you are running full trust.
Hace 14 años
Hi Matthew (Skiltz),

Thanks for the info on SoftSys. I like them allot so far. much much better and faster then GD.
I told them that you referred me and I have senses then referred another client to them.

Thanks for the help hope the full trust thing works.
Shane
Hace 14 años
Yes their support is friendly and fast.  Let me know if that fixes your issue.
Hace 14 años
Woohoo! Yes that fixed it and Ya they are supper fast!!!

Only odd thing is this:... on Godaddy I could not have NopCommerce build/make PDF invoices do to a lack of full trust (one of the reasons I left them.. one of many) but i could edit product leading me to think I was able to edit in Mid trust...
It’s no biggie nor a complaint just an interesting observation and who knows with GD there hosting is so half hazard it could be any number of problems...

SoftSysHosting is really doing a good job!
Thanks Skiltz!
Shane
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.