Bread Crumb Trail Points to Deleted Categories?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 14 años
I re-arranged my categories a while back, and I just realized that when viewing some of my products, on the product detail page, the bread crumb trail still points to the old product categories, categories I have since deleted.   How do I fix this???

I found a quick work around, in that, in the correct category I can change the display order of each product in the correct (and only mapped) category to "0".  However that prevents me from seting the order each product is displayed in on the category page.  They simply list in the order they were entered.  I want to control the order in which they are displayed.

How do I fix where things are mapped, and still retain control over display order?

Some Examples:
Category: Silver w/ Czech Crystals  (I "fixed" with the worked around)

Category: Black w/ Czech Crystals, the first product is correct (because display order is "1") all the others point to categories which no long exist

http://www.anklebling.com

http://www.anklebling.com/anklebling/Products/10-black-ankle-bracelet-with-aquamarine-czech-crystals.aspx One of the products pointing to the wrong place.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Also how do I remove the category name under the bread crumb trail?
Hace 14 años
Well I tried recreating the deleted categories, then add the products "back" to the recreated category, then removing them, etc.  However that didn't work, I think because, the recreated category was assigned a different category ID from the original.

My guess is...somewhere in the database some of my products are still assigned to old deleted categories.  Anyone know how I fix this within the database?

Anyone have any thoughts???  Advice?  Hints???  Links???

Thank You,
Douglas
Hace 14 años
Can anyone tell if I should:

1. delete the old "deleted" categories from the database
2. delete the unwanted category mappings
3 I should do both

It seems like just deleted the old deleted categories should do the trick, but I would prefer not to screw something up.  I can delete the category mappings as well, but there are pages of them and I think the potential for a mistake is much greater.

Any help is appreciated....I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to having this resolved.

Thanks,
Douglas
Hace 14 años
It's a bug. Follow the next steps:
1. Open CategoryManager.GetBreadCrumb() method
2. Replace "while (category != null)" with "while (category != null && !category.Deleted && category.Published)"
Hace 14 años
Can anyone tell me in which file I would find:

CategoryManager.GetBreadCrumb() method

Thanks,

Douglas
Hace 14 años
i think you want

Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Categories\CategoryManager.cs

open that file and do a search for

while (category != null)

it should be in GetBreadCrumb method
Hace 13 años
I deleted a category, How can i reuse that old category ID ?? I deleted the 1st test category i made.. I would like to reuse the no. 1 category ID ??

Is there any solution ??

Please help .....
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.