Critique my image folder and image database implementation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 14 años
yep!
but as sch09 says, you v1.5 lets you do either, not both
Hace 14 años
Sweet, I can't think of a single reason to put an image in a databese.

Chad
Hace 13 años
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
You'll be able to store pictures on a file system in the next release (this option will be configurable)

Not so configurable...

I used asp.net storefront when it first came out.  I had 7000 products loaded within 4 hours.  The majority of that time was spent loading the information into a spreadsheet and mapping each product to it's image with the same sku as its file name as well as formatting some of the details.

The infrastructure to load multiple products (even with the current 1.7) really needs some work.  All they did was change the location of where the file (information) was being stored.  If the url was used instead, the process would be a 1000 times easier.  This means a change in the database as well.  And whats up with forcing a file name change to the database id... that makes it even harder to to any logical changes in the future.

So I find myself wasting time writing my own scripts to to attempt to do what should have been done in the beginning.

If anyone has any scripts to share, it would be appreciated.  If not, and IF I come up with something - even if its ugly, I'll share it as well.
Hace 13 años
Joe...

I know what you're talking about using the staic urls and entering into database.  This is a lot faster, I will concede.

I am currently creating a bulk updater that uses a local directory of images to upload to directory on server as well as enter the url into database.  So if you would like to share code, I believe I can fix that one with you.
Hace 13 años
hrdfsique,

This is an older post but still a relevant topic.  The way I configured it in the original post is not how I would do it now.  There are too many changes to the core framework.

I plan on revisiting this in the coming weeks as I am in the middle of another project.  I do have some ideas that won't alter the core framework.  This I believe, is what makes a good add-on great.  If you alter the core too much then upgrades don't work very well.

Stay tuned.
Hace 13 años
hrdfsique wrote:
Joe...

I know what you're talking about using the staic urls and entering into database.  This is a lot faster, I will concede.

I am currently creating a bulk updater that uses a local directory of images to upload to directory on server as well as enter the url into database.  So if you would like to share code, I believe I can fix that one with you.

I think I'd be interested in that as well, I have a program that loads a CSV file to a SQLite database, then I use a view to map the table to the nopCommerce format for extract and load. I'd love to incorporate something for images though, please keep me in the loop!
Hace 13 años
I think I understand more now why the developers didn't offer a bulk file upload integrated into the design.  I have been working on a solution for the last month and realize that the main issue using only c# is that ther is a security issue and the logic needs to be executed on the client side.  Therfore, the solution needs to incorporate jscript.  There are already a few open source solutions, including Uplodify, but they do not work... yet I think there is promise there.
Hace 13 años
I have successfully create the Bulk File Upload that imports Pictures with the Products.  It is integrated into the Excel Import function using the v1.8.

I've started a new thread to collaborate on this specific subject and see how to share the code:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6262/ive-integrated-an-excel-bulk-file-upload-into-v18.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.