Confirmation emails stuck in queue - nop1.5 - GoDaddy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 14 años
I've solved all of my own problems up until now using this forum and 5 calls to GoDaddy. But now that I'm actually taking in customers, several of their registration confirmation emails are stuck in the queue. This was due to me not having the right email in the configuration>email settings tab. That's fixed. I have verified it by having several other people receive the registration confirmation emails.

So how do I get these queued emails to go out? I noticed there is a 'requeue' button, but it didn't resend the confirmation email. I even corrected the from email address in it that caused the issue to start with. I could have some customers just re-register after I delete them from the db. But there are a couple of them that have made purchases. I want to keep their purchase records in tact.

I've tried going into that one file(forgot the name) and adding a space then re-saving it and uploading it. Didn't re-start the emails.

There needs to be a reliable way to resend queued emails. I look bad to my customers.

Thanks for all of your great posts.

Mike
Hace 14 años
I just tried going here again system>message queue>load

I then opened a queued email from me to me. It sent it!!! So it appears that the requeue  button re-sends the email, but keeps it in the original queued message without deleting it.

Here's what I did to send the queued emails that had address errors:

1. I had to correct my initial error from a few days ago of having the wrong email in the Store admin Email and User email in the config>global settings>mail settings.

2. Go here (system>message queue>load) and open the queued email of interest.

3. Make any changes to the queued email then hit save.

4. Then hit requeue.

5. The queued email will remain. But if you go quickly to the last entry in all of the queued emails, you can watch your resent email show up there. Then go back to system>message queue>load to reload the queued emails and your resent email will not exist at the end of all of the queued emails. It will only exist where it had originally failed. That's because it sent it!

Mike
Hace 13 años
Thank you: your answer helped me to solve same problem

Te cuidas! (Take care)
Luis Fernando Talero
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.