How use nop for a bakery

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 14 años
Hi,
I am trying to do the following.
We have a bakery and we want people to be able to order boxes of cupcakes online.  

The user needs to select an item, either one doxen or a half dozen.
Then they need to be able to select the flavor of cupcakes and select up to 12 of them.
Then the order is complete

I do not see that ability in nop. Am I missing it? Do I need a developer? Help please!
Hace 14 años
You'd be able to do anything you could imagine if you had a developer.

You can contact me for quotes by going to http://www.deccks.com and submitting your enquiry from the Contact page.
Hace 14 años
DeanK

you should be able to do this easily without any need for a developer - have you got the store up and running yet ?

there are several ways of doing what you want eg:

you will see that you can create a category called 'cupcakes'

then in this category, create individual products such as

1) vanilla cupcakes
2) chocolate cupcakes
3) marshmallow cupcakes

then create an attribute called quantity

then apply the attribute to the products (again, you can do this in different ways)

choose quantity

1 +$1
2 +$2
3 +$3
4 +$4
etc

look at two things, go to the nop demo store and look for 'build your own computer' - you will see how attributes can work

also, look at the screencasts:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/screencasts.aspx

when you need more help, search the forum ..

-hayden
Hace 14 años
Thanks to both of you. I understand now, thanks to you, how the attributes work BUT i need the parent container to be the dozen cupcakes at a fixed price.
So using your example I cold create a product called one dozen. then attributtes would be the actual cupcakes? and those attributes

thanks
Hace 14 años
sure,

do you want the customer to choose the flavours?

create an attribute called eg flavours

create the product as 1 dozen cupcakes (at your set price)

edit the product varient by (tab = product varient sku's) and select unnamed product varient

click  'product varient attributes' tab

you will see a drop down list - select 'flavours'
add a text prompt if you like
control type checkboxes

click add attribute

when the page reloads, click 'View/Edit value (Total: 0) '  on the table - it will open a new page

in name, type a flavour then click save   do the same for your other flavours
Hace 14 años
They choose flavor and quantity of each flavor. Thanks. I think I am gettig it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.