App_Browsers/CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser Error Using GoDaddy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 14 años
I have installed nopCommerce 3 times now, all with the same result (actuslly installed by GoDaddy). When 1st installed I can access the sit & log in as admin, but later all I get is an error page:

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <browsers>
Line 2:    <browser refID="Default">
Line 3:      <controlAdapters>

Source File: /CoastalTextraw/Store/App_Browsers/CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

Thew 1st two times I had made some changes in setting up my store, but the last time all I did was log in.

What the heck is happening?
Hace 13 años
I have the same problem.  It started just after upgrading from 1.2. to 1.6, although it did work for a day or two and I made some changes to products.  I used the built-in GoDaddy options to have it automatically install the upgrade.

There are two other posts here in the forums with the same problem.  They may or may not be running from GoDaddy.
They are
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/246/server-error-in-nopcommercestore-application.aspx
and
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/246/server-error-in-nopcommercestore-application.aspx

GoDaddy support discovered that by renaming the file /shop/App_Browsers/CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser  (where shop is your installed folder), the application seems to function.  But they don't directly support the application itself, so they referred me here.  I don't want to just leave the file disabled since I don't know what the consequences will be.  Can someone address this is there a solution?

I'm not sure which thread will be the "official" one for this problem, so I plan to go post to the others.  If an admin has some way to merge them, that would be great!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.