Admin page slow on Azure SQL

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 8 años
Hi,

I'm running a nopCommerce webshop on unoeuro.com webservers and i have been running the database on their sql server as well until i switched sql database to Azure sql this tuesday. I still host the webshop on unoeuro webserver. But the site is slower than when i had the sql on unoeuro sql server and the Admin page is much slower.

The Azure SQL is a S1 tier so that shouldn't be the problem.

I have been running a test version with both the website (B2 tier) and the sql server (S1 tier) on azure which didn't perform as well as the unoeuro solution. So i deciced to only move the database to Azure.

Anyone who have expirence with nopCommerce on Azure and the performance? And what tiers are you using for both website and sql server?
Hace 8 años
Sojborg wrote:
Hi,

I'm running a nopCommerce webshop on unoeuro.com webservers and i have been running the database on their sql server as well until i switched sql database to Azure sql this tuesday. I still host the webshop on unoeuro webserver. But the site is slower than when i had the sql on unoeuro sql server and the Admin page is much slower.

I have been running a test version with both the website (B2 tier) and the sql server (S1 tier) on azure which didn't perform as well as the unoeuro solution. So i deciced to only move the database to Azure.

Anyone who have expirence with nopCommerce on Azure and the performance? And what tiers are you using for both website and sql server?

Hi,

It might be slow due to time it took to do remote connections with DB on Azure! If you have both component (DB & App) on same network, then it saves this time.

For Azure, I suggest you to test with different configurations as and go to higher tier until you're satisfied with the performance. I also suggest you to do a load testing to find the best tier for your need.

Moreover, in Azure as well, make sure both DB & App Service is on the same data center location. If its on different locations then, you're going to have similar issues with performance.

Thanks,
Krunal
Hace 8 años
Hi nopAccelerate,

I realised this after i posted OP and checked what geographical location the SQL server on azure had. It was set to Europe North which i thought was covering my country (Denmark) but it appears that Denmark is Europe West. But unfortunally i can not just switch the geographical location. I have to create a new SQL server and a new database on this server and then restore the database i have on Europe north. I thought Azure was better at moving stuff around clusters but not yet i guess.

So i have to wait to do the move till it fits my customer.

But thank for your reply :).
Hace 8 años
Glad to know you found the cause of the issue!
Hace 6 años
Hi Sojborg,

Are you still using that configuration (App on a hosting and DB on Azure)?

How is the load time for your site?

We also have the App on a hosting and the DB on a different one but our load time is not the best (~3.5 first byte). Yes, we know that this is not a good practice. But unfortunately, we had to move our database away from our App / Site hosting as they said that our database was too demanding and they threatened us with suspend our account if we don't "fix" our database. But guess what? Once we moved our database to another hosting all problems were gone and our current DB hosting does not have any complain. On the other hand, we don't want to do a full migration yet as we paid up front and 11 months remain :-X

Our App is hosted in Germany (and DB is hosted 2000 km away) so Azure Region Germany Central would be a good choice I guess.

Any suggestion or advice is welcome.

Regards!

Sojborg wrote:
Hi,

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.