Roadmap Suggestion for version 1.6: Products that cost 0.00 could be displayed as FREE

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 13 años
Hi Andrei,

Products that cost 0.00 could be displayed as FREE (ResourceFile.Free).
This would help them stand out.

Ideally, there would be an attribute on the Product (or Template) that allows the Administrator to decide if the price should be displayed as FREE.

Best Regards
Steve
Hace 13 años
If 0, which is the default, the program should NOT, NEVER display as free.

We've missed adding in a price for products and getting emails like "surely this product is not free".

Quick edit to enter the price and an email to the client solved that.

Hate to think how someone would get out of that predicament of it had displayed as "FREE".

As the default price is 0 this could be a major headache if the default for zero is free.
Hace 13 años
agree with asp5

best solution for you would be a checkbox on the product page -->  is product Free?   y/n
Hace 13 años
I agree with asp5
and agree with the solution given by haydie
Hace 13 años
Or you could do a jQuey replace for the 0.0 to FREE. This way it does not sacrifice the code. its just a visual alteration.

example:

$(".productPrice:contains('0.00')").html("FREE");

easy ;)
Hace 13 años
I like Haydie's solution too.

Have any of you guys run into the issue I posted about here? https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic.aspx?topicid=4360  Checking out when the cart contains only freebies still asks for credit card details.

If you know how to rectify that - I'm hoping there's a setting - please answer in that thread, cheers.
Hace 13 años
I, too, am looking for a solution to offer FREE products.  Thanks..
Hace 12 años
I too am looking to offer a free product.  Any solution for this yet?  Of course, you could enter 0.00 for the price, but it still requires the customer to enter his credit card info.  I wouldn't do that for a free product.  It looks too suspicious.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.