Import products from Excel and Map Category

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 7 años
Hi Everyone,

I have checked import of products functionality and i noticed that in new version there is import of product and map category  only by Category Name NOT by category ID. Is I am right on this or I am doing any thing wrong ? And If Yes why there is no feature like this on new version is there any specific reason as i am going to make  change in code as we required it.
Hace 7 años
You are right, in version 3.80  import and export of product categories and manufacturers (and many other feautures) are rewritten, now we use names instead of IDs. It was done for simplifying files creation and editing.
Hace 7 años
Sergei-k wrote:
You are right, in version 3.80  import and export of product categories and manufacturers (and many other feautures) are rewritten, now we use names instead of IDs. It was done for simplifying files creation and editing.

Hello,

i tried to import 500 product with Excell (version 3.80), i get message 'Products have been imported successfully.', but there are no product's imported.

- first i configure all options for one similar product
- than i exported this product to Excell
- i added to Excell table 500 new products to Excell table with different data for:(SKU,name,both descriptions, pictures,price,vendor) all other product's data live the same.
- import, succesfully, but without any product added?

What is going wrong?

Please help.

Thanks and kind regards, Boris
Hace 7 años
Sergei-k wrote:

Hello,

i tried to import 500 product with Excell (version 3.80), i get message 'Products have been imported successfully.', but there are no product's imported.

- first i configure all options for one similar product
- than i exported this product to Excell
- i added to Excell table 500 new products to Excell table with different data for:(SKU,name,both descriptions, pictures,price,vendor) all other product's data live the same.
- import, succesfully, but without any product added?

What is going wrong?

Please help.

Thanks and kind regards, Boris
Hace 7 años
Perhaps you didn't specified Published column, the values in it must be True
Hace 7 años
Hello,

thanks for your answer. I did define Published as TRUE. Please see import Excell data at http://lingerie.si/public_html/products-1.xlsx

Kind regards, Boris
Hace 7 años
I got your file, and imported it without problems.

Hace 7 años
I don't understand, where could be difference at import settings? The same import file with opposite results?
I found only this setting which could affect import: Export/Import products with attributes

It's unchecked for my configuration.
Hace 7 años
Can you send me your database backup (PM)?
Hace 7 años
I'll try...thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.