How do I configure email addresses for Contact Us forms?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 7 años
Hi,
I am a totally new beginner to nopCommerce, doesn't know too much about coding etc. I'm only trying to refine the website elements, so the pages, categories, adding products and details...
Basically making all the contents work fully, which since nopCommerce has a normal user friendly GUI, thought it should be easy.

So first, I have:
- 2 Email address in [Email Account]
- a Contact us page

Problem is that when customer dispatch an enquiry via contact us page, the email is sent from the no-reply email account back into the no-reply email account.

Where can i configure so that emails are sent from one address, but enquiries go to a dedicated customer service email? Or how do i configure a [store owner email] specifically for the contact us form?

I have searched google and digged through the forum, i can't seem to find a solution to this problem.
I have looked thorough message templates, there are nothing for [contact us]
I have also went into the all settings>advanced and set below value, but emails just simply stopped sending and shows errors

commonsettings.usesystememailforcontactusform  True

Error  Error sending e-mail. Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.3.4 554-554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Deliver; delivery result banner

nopCommerce v3.50

P.S. The host server is running in plesk server, how do i run queries from it? And how can i upgrade the nopcommerce version on the server to 3.80? Its running MSSQL
Hace 7 años
Sorry if this is a lot of questions or if description is not accurate...
Thanks all in advance
Hace 7 años
猫天 wrote:
So first, I have:
- 2 Email address in [Email Account]
- a Contact us page

Problem is that when customer dispatch an enquiry via contact us page, the email is sent from the no-reply email account back into the no-reply email account.

Where can i configure so that emails are sent from one address, but enquiries go to a dedicated customer service email? Or how do i configure a [store owner email] specifically for the contact us form?

It's a bit annoying but I think the only way to achieve what you want is to set the email address that you want to use for the contact form as the default email account for the site from the Email account configuration page. You can then set the email account to use for the template based messages from the individual message template setup pages.

There's a work item on Github to have the contact form email broken out into a separate setting but it's marked as on hold / maybe wont so not sure if it's still planned. Not sure why as it seems like an useful setting.

猫天 wrote:
I have also went into the all settings>advanced and set below value, but emails just simply stopped sending and shows errors

commonsettings.usesystememailforcontactusform  True

Error  Error sending e-mail. Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.3.4 554-554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Deliver; delivery result banner

By default emails from the contact form will get sent with the email address spoofed to appear as though they came from the customers supplied email address. This is convenient for the store owner as it means you can just hit the reply button to reply to the customer, but it's essentially the same technique that spammers use to spoof email addresses so some hosts don't allow it. As long as it works reliably then I'd leave it set to false.
Hace 7 años
Thanks again, Pete. Is there anyway to upgrade my current version from 3.50 to 3.80 without going from 3.6, 3.7 then 3.8? And how do i do that to the nopcommerce thats on the server?
Hace 7 años
Thanks again, Pete. Is there anyway to upgrade my current version from 3.50 to 3.80 without going from 3.6, 3.7 then 3.8? And how do i do that to the nopcommerce thats on the server?
Hace 7 años
猫天 wrote:
Is there anyway to upgrade my current version from 3.50 to 3.80 without going from 3.6, 3.7 then 3.8

No. You need to upgrade step by step because of database tables change. You need just run scripts.

Regards,
Tomasz
Hace 7 años
猫天 wrote:

You will able to go directly current version 3.50 to 3.80. But for doing this you will need update database by using upgrade sql script. You will need run 3 script  1. 3.50->3.60 sql script  then 2. 3.60->3.70 sql script 3. 3.70->3.80 sql script.
Hace 7 años
Thank you All.. will contact my server host and see if i can figure out a way. Also, what are the basic knowledge one need to run a nopcommerce site? Like what exactly do I need to learn, what are the fundamental basics? Thanks in advance.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.