Urgent help virtual gift card

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 7 años
I need some help. I want to use the virtual gift card but have the recipient bring the certificate to the physical store to redeem.

The issue I am having is that the order notification email to the vendor is not replacing the gift certificate tokens in the vender order notification email so the vendor does not have the certificate information.  

Also when the recipient gets the gift certificate email they don't know who the vendor is nor what the product is. The tokens for vendor, product or product URL do not work in the gift certificate email.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks
Hace 7 años
I can't really speak to the issues with the email notifications, but I can say that you are trying to sell "physical gift cards" as "virtual gift cards", and I don't think the system can support that.

The virtual type gift cards are ONLY for spending on the website..not at the physical location.
Perhaps if you change the type of gift card the product is, the correct notifications will be sent to the vendor and the customer will see who the vendor was because all the normal tokens are available?
Hace 7 años
To clarify..."physical" gift cards aren't necessarily always credit card-type gift cards..it can also just mean the "printed receipt" ...anything that must be "physically" brought into and used as currency at the retail location.
Hace 7 años
Thanks for the quick response! I agree that the better option is to use the physical gift card but there is no way to specify the recipients email or include a personal message on the order. All you can specify is the recipient name.  I thought if the virtual card type was used the recipient could just bring the certificate to the store to redeem. But that would only work if the vendor notification email had the certificate information in it. It's odd that the default order notification email has the tokens recipient name, email, certificate number etc but they are not populated.

The other odd thing is that the gift certificate email to the recipient does not include the product that applies to the certificate so they have no idea what the certificate is for. I tried to put the product and vendor tokens in the email but they don't populate

My goal was to have a friend purchase and send a certificate for a hamburger to another friend which could be printed out and brought to the store. The physical store is setup as a vendor on nopcommerce so the vendor should receive the email with the certificate information that' could be then be matched to the one brought into the store,

But none of that works.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.